Is there an “ LA” look that I should be aware of?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Again? Do you still wear them on the beach with your shoes still on and a wife beater up top? Asking for 20w
People from Norwalk don’t go to the beach. They go to visit their primos in Pico Rivera. On the other hand, people from La Mierda are avid beach goers, however they can get there. Hitchhiking, 16 mile bike ride on a 10 speed, endson gas, etc. I don’t know him but I grew up around a bunch of his ilk and if they surf they wore the same as the bolillo surfers. If not, bandanna, Pendleton buttoned at the top button. Waited to get old enough to by a Buick Riviera, lower it, twice pipes, etc. to work their way up from Bob’s Bigboy on the Blvd towards the heart of el este de Los Angeles.

The high school he graduated from and teaches at (or taught at if he’s changed jobs) was recognized as one of the top ten high schools in California for drug use and pregnancy in the late 60’s, when the principal mentors in my youth attended.

• Haha
Reactions: 20W-50 and blood

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Are modern carhartt any softer than the old school ones? Those things were like wearing pants made of cardboard...

I like Duluth stuff for working but they are far from stylish.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Are modern carhartt any softer than the old school ones? Those things were like wearing pants made of cardboard...

I like Duluth stuff for working but they are far from stylish.
In general they’ve gotten significantly softer. Breaking in that heavy duck canvas was brutal. I remember showing up to a construction job at 18? w/ a fresh pair of the og pants and some old head saying something about a dude who wore a new pair he hadn’t washed first and the weave of the fabric trapped and ripped out his leg hair?

I don’t mind baggy my boys like the extra room some of the colors of the relaxed fit work pants are wicked soft.

I just wish I still had the first Carhartt jacket I ever got (Brown Detroit Blanket lined), it could be worth beau coup dolores to some Reddit male fashion nerd or a cat from Japan (they’re as obsessed with workwear over there as I am lol).

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
In general they’ve gotten significantly softer. Breaking in that heavy duck canvas was brutal. I remember showing up to a construction job at 18? w/ a fresh pair of the og pants and some old head saying something about a dude who wore a new pair he hadn’t washed first and the weave of the fabric trapped and ripped out his leg hair?

I don’t mind baggy my boys like the extra room some of the colors of the relaxed fit work pants are wicked soft.

I just wish I still had the first Carhartt jacket I ever got (Brown Detroit Blanket lined), it could be worth beau coup dolores to some Reddit male fashion nerd or a cat from Japan (they’re as obsessed with workwear over there as I am lol).
I remember my dad laughing about guys showing up in new boots.
He was an re bar Iron Worker, so he never bothered buying expensive ones. Kicking rebar into place is going to tear your boots up whether they are $50 or $300.
I wish I still had my dad's Carhartt jacket for nostalgias sake.
I had one that was too big and I stained it and I think I donated it when I was 20. Oops.

I'd feel stupid wearing Carharrt gear now.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
I remember my dad laughing about guys showing up in new boots.
He was an re bar Iron Worker, so he never bothered buying expensive ones. Kicking rebar into place is going to tear your boots up whether they are $50 or $300.
I wish I still had my dad's Carhartt jacket for nostalgias sake.
I had one that was too big and I stained it and I think I donated it when I was 20. Oops.

I'd feel stupid wearing Carharrt gear now.
I've tried both strategies over the years and I've found that going with the high quality gear (usually more expensive) is the way to go.
Logger boots for wildland firefighting like White's or Nicks really pays off in the long run. Danner's or Red Wings can fvck right off.

Reactions: PPK96754