Is there an “ LA” look that I should be aware of?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Skinny jeans are still a thing

Beanies, even when it's hot

Beards

Horn rimmed glasses

Flannels

Vans

Latte in hand

Make sure to look at your cell phone while you cross the street. This is probably against your better judgement but you want to fit in.
Tight dark blue jeans with the cuffs rolled up above your ankles with a man purse hung diagonally. From there you can improvise a bit
You guys must not spend any time outside of the east side (Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, &c), or Venice. I hardly see that stuff unless I'm over in those parts of town. Except the lattes (alternative milk, of course), everyone has a coffee drink in hand.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You guys must not spend any time outside of the east side (Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, &c), or Venice. I hardly see that stuff unless I'm over in those parts of town. Except the lattes (alternative milk, of course), everyone has a coffee drink in hand.
I admit to spending minimum time in LA. When I do it is typically west LA, where everyone is a walking caricature.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No.

Too big and too diverse a city.

My daughter says her friends say I always dress like I'm going camping. I'm OK with that.
I like to refer to that vibe as outdoor dad and/or Patagonia dad. Good for you for owning it bro. At one point in time I think the cool kids were even into it, normcore? have you considered old man hypebeast?
1686024367608.jpeg

I admit to spending minimum time in LA. When I do it is typically west LA, where everyone is a walking caricature.
Sone things never change. I lived in Culver City decades ago and one day I saw identical twin hipster bros walking down Venice by Bigfoot. Starting with their Nazi youth hairstyles they were the same dude. Plaid shirts, suspenders, cuffed denim, Docs?, for a second I thought it was a glitch in the Matrix.

Last edited:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Sone things never change. I lived in Culver City decades ago and one day I saw identical twin hipster bros walking down Venice by Bigfoot.
Decades? Bigfoot opened like 10-12 years ago. :socrazy:

Anyway, the real answer to OP's question is athleisure.

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Decades? Bigfoot opened like 10-12 years ago. :socrazy:

Anyway, the real answer to OP's question is athleisure.
Which is over a decade ago bro, hence plural. My vibe is a mix of modern hobo, 50s/60s trucker and urban lumberjack, I like clothes and boots that I can take from running my Stihl to sipping Negronis. Anyone looking for the best made in the USA denim and hoodies for the least coin my man Mik just opened up a brick and mortar store in Culver City. Bro can’t just wear Carhartt. Kelly can talk all he wants about the good his company do for the planet, I’d rather support American manufacturers

1686024589986.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: keenfish