Imitation highest form of flattery?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
pigs are fun. I’ve only had minimal experience but it was a great time. Was amazed at how easy it was to swap with a much shorter board.

Reactions: surfwhere

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I own and surf logs of the pig variety and modern derivatives of the Nuuhiwa noserider. I think both boards are valid designs and they excel in different conditions and at different styles of riding the wave. If your goal is to noseride as long as possible and through any section a modern noserider will outperform a pig, but I don’t think that means it’s a better board or style of design.
Unpossible!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
No It wouldn't change a thing. People ride what they want to ride. Just like I have ultra modern designs and some older designs, and some in between. It's not about marketing. It's about feeling and what an individual wants to surf, that's it.

Why do people fix up classic cars? Modern cars outperform the crap out of them.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The Best Hull designs were replaced by the Downrail design because they rode better

The Hull is back ! Still a good Downrail will do the same and much more - Better

If you lived thru the evolution of Design you would get this
but you seem to constantly suggest we not retrace steps and live through the evolution of design ourselves?

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
GG may remember the "Fish Fry" (3rd one ) we had @ Crowdiff?

Lovelace was there with a giant orange fish (his #3 i believe), i tried it and it went ok..
Now he is some condescending, holier than thou hipster elitist superstar i guess...

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

IP Sea

OTF status
Nov 15, 2003
Dewey Weber had a "shortboard" pig they started making in the 70's. I believe whoever has the label still makes them.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
jason koonz is an exceptional shaper. they def'ly have their niche. looks like they are branching into the mid length hipster market. seems like a big space with so many beginners transitioning off their wavestorms and now wanna be a "real surfer"

always wanted a lovelace but too $$$ imho. also, my legs don't fit into my skinny jeans anymore.

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ