Imitation highest form of flattery?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Then wtf is he complaining about
Yeah, I don't think the person who's going to spend >$1k and wait 6 months for a Lovelace custom is gonna jump to Super's "version" over $50-250. They're in it for that #ifyouknowyouknow recognition from the other midlenth cool dads. Maybe Super just needs to rebrand so their whole vibe doesn't "seem" so corpo, if they're really not like Koons claims.

classier too. maybe ryan is just trolling everyone since any publicity = $$$. good for him. i want one of his gravel vbowls. again, my slim fit v-neck t-shirt is too small now. sigh.
It doesn't sound like he needs the publicity since he can't keep up with orders now.
Also, you realize the actual hipster kids now are not wearing skinny fits anymore, it's all dad jeans and baggy 90's skate look once again. Your thunder thighs will have plenty of room in the JNCOs

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
The two boards share more in common than just the general pig concept, imo. I genuinely don't think the superbrand would exist without the vbowls.

But as someone else mentioned, lovelace makes a channel bottom twin that probably wouldn't exist without simon jones, so he shouldn't bitch too much about it.

Ultimately it's good that custom and/or copyright law is such that all the shapers can just make whatever they want or whatever is in vogue. The small volume, hand shaping guy who makes most of my boards also started making a twin that's clearly based on the simon jones, and I'm gonna order one soon, i'm excited for it.

Superbrands are for kooks though -- no offense to anyone who owns one but it's a kook brand.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
The two boards share more in common than just the general pig concept, imo. I genuinely don't think the superbrand would exist without the vbowls.

But as someone else mentioned, lovelace makes a channel bottom twin that probably wouldn't exist without simon jones, so he shouldn't bitch too much about it.

Ultimately it's good that custom and/or copyright law is such that all the shapers can just make whatever they want or whatever is in vogue. The small volume, hand shaping guy who makes most of my boards also started making a twin that's clearly based on the simon jones, and I'm gonna order one soon, i'm excited for it.

Superbrands are for kooks though -- no offense to anyone who owns one but it's a kook brand.
Oh boy. This is going to get good.