ibolic

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
To be fair, thats a low bar to better. Pretty sure it stood for Light Fragile Tech. Bruised like a peach in my experience. Liked the feel, but not durable at all. Had 3-4, all same. So many repairs by Tony, before he moved to Dark Arts. I probably put his kid through college!
I've noticed that they yellow easy in heat. In the photo below, I was more careful about leaving the FE in a hot car than the cymatic. The cymatic looked the way it does in the photo when it was the same age as the FE, around a year old.

IMG_0524.jpeg

Oct 5, 2021
My LFT Tomo SKX hardly has any footwells on it after 4 years of solid riding, but I do find the rails shatter too easily so I’d be happy to check this tech out if it rides like LFT but has stronger rails.

Reactions: ReForest

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I've noticed that they yellow easy in heat. In the photo below, I was more careful about leaving the FE in a hot car than the cymatic. The cymatic looked the way it does in the photo when it was the same age as the FE, around a year old.

View attachment 131087
Boards "undersized" hold up great regardless construction when never surfed and collect cobweds:shrug: fireturd does not warn users that eps/epoxy boards should not be left in car? Day bag helps keep board white longer if you care:monkey: Even my CFT boards brown after 7 years or so.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Boards "undersized" hold up great regardless construction when never surfed and collect cobweds:shrug: fireturd does not warn users that eps/epoxy boards should not be left in car? Day bag helps keep board white longer if you care:monkey: Even my CFT boards brown after 7 years or so.
I always kept the cymatic in a bag, and I think that’s why the front end is darker and splotchy, because it had direct contact with the heat of the bag whereas the tail end did not have direct contact because of the fins.

I’m sure that direct sunlight would also yellow them quickly.

I’m sure that anything smaller than a 9’ wavestorm would be ”undersized” for you, cupcake.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I always kept the cymatic in a bag, and I think that’s why the front end is darker and splotchy, because it had direct contact with the heat of the bag whereas the tail end did not have direct contact because of the fins.

I’m sure that direct sunlight would also yellow them quickly.

I’m sure that anything smaller than a 9’ wavestorm would be ”undersized” for you, cupcake.
If you have 1k to invest in a fireturd you think you would have a hundred bucks extra to invest in a good day bag:shrug: I can highly reccommend prolite day sessions premium:toilet:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
If you have 1k to invest in a fireturd you think you would have a hundred bucks extra to invest in a good day bag:shrug: I can highly reccommend prolite day sessions premium:toilet:
Even today those boards don’t cost 1k. We’ve been over this, jimmyboy, you can satisfy your compulsive judgyness without making things up.

Pro-lite is magically heat resistant because they’re not manufactured offshore?

• Haha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Even today those boards don’t cost 1k. We’ve been over this, jimmyboy, you can satisfy your compulsive judgyness without making things up.

Pro-lite is magically heat resistant because they’re not manufactured offshore?
I currently have 9 boards in quiver 7 are eps/epoxy and 2 pu/epoxy always stored in shed outside never placed in car always on rack all in prolite bags (accept ole f4 creature exp for fins). After several years never had any heat issues with any of theses boards besides like mentioned above going brown after 7 years but all (including f4 early '00) solid condition still plenty of spring:waving:

Last edited:

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
2x seems strange to me first stringerless board for daily driver type wave etc good flex not so worried about snapping board unless you are Nathan Fletcher. Second why 2x layers 4oz eglass on bottom instead of top :shrug:
View attachment 131072
so they can sand through the first layer and cover it in paint.

JK but. its still a fairly light build, 8 oz on the bottom would balance the flex and improve strength a fair bit. but then again with 8oz each side, plus a 3mm deck skin, plus HD rails - the whole I beam seems like an unnecessary gimmick to me.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
All epoxy yellows over time. The mixes with "optical brighteners" (eg light purple tint) last a lot better on white, but they turn eventually. The best solution is to not worry about it because the yellowing doesn't affect the strength or performance at all, or to get the blank sprayed or resin tinted in a colour that hides the yellowing

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
All epoxy yellows over time. The mixes with "optical brighteners" (eg light purple tint) last a lot better on white, but they turn eventually. The best solution is to not worry about it because the yellowing doesn't affect the strength or performance at all, or to get the blank sprayed or resin tinted in a colour that hides the yellowing
All but two of my eps/epoxy boards have color really don't care but must admit my last with the all blue looks pretty sweet inspired from @racer1 buzz :cheers:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
All poly's yellow too.

The only way to get away from it is to add color.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Heat and sunlight cause yellowing.

I drop the back seat in my Corolla and feed the board through the truck and only the nose is exposed. On my XTR El Tomo, Revo, and Firewire Hydroshort, they all yellowed only on the nose. I had the El Tomo and Hydroshort without a bag, so i thought it was the sunlight. Then when i got the XTR Revo i used a bag and the same thing happened. So it was the heat that turned the board yellow.

Someone needs to make a small Cold Air Conditioned fan that blows cool air into a board bag. That would help with all the truck storage surfers.