ibolic

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have a f4 CFT build early '00 with parabolic stringer still in my quiver as back up or travel board still plenty of flex and good condition just a little brown :cheers:

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
2x seems strange to me first stringerless board for daily driver type wave etc good flex not so worried about snapping board unless you are Nathan Fletcher. Second why 2x layers 4oz eglass on bottom instead of top :shrug:
The top has a 3mm deck skin, the bottom does not because of the channels. In order to make the channels correctly they did not put a skin on the bottom... so i'm guessing thats why they doubled up the eglass. Its a durable build, but still light and great flex with the high density foam rails and HD foam springer.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The top has a 3mm deck skin, the bottom does not because of the channels. In order to make the channels correctly they did not put a skin on the bottom... so i'm guessing thats why they doubled up the eglass. Its a durable build, but still light and great flex with the high density foam rails and HD foam springer.
Have you tried and how did it compare to XTR sl ck or varial on flex and would they use this construction for a good wave board or even step up where is seems others keep it mostly for daily driver build?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@rowjimmytour I dont know how this construction would fare as a step up. But it does feel very similar to XTR SL or CK. Never ridden a Varial so dont know how that one feels. Its way better than LFT, that's for sure.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
@rowjimmytour I dont know how this construction would fare as a step up. But it does feel very similar to XTR SL or CK. Never ridden a Varial so dont know how that one feels. Its way better than LFT, that's for sure.
Only reason mentioned step up is because not familiar with models offered in this tech "reinvent the wheel" and was wondering if that was the direction they wanted to go in with it instead of most who do stringless for dd kinda boards.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
@ReForest I see revo is for grovel not sure about other board for ks in tech. Seems to me ibolic tech maybe future for big companies ie: CI, lost etc who have glass issues etc with all that flex but the three main ones I trust: XTR, Varial, and DFT seem to have flex vs strength combo down and continue to strive. I only surfed one stringless board (5150 only 3 months ole) but seems like this build would sacrifice flex for strength and only advantage woukd be to out last big brands who run carbon eps/epoxy tech etc...

Reactions: ReForest

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@rowjimmytour Its way better than LFT, that's for sure.
To be fair, thats a low bar to better. Pretty sure it stood for Light Fragile Tech. Bruised like a peach in my experience. Liked the feel, but not durable at all. Had 3-4, all same. So many repairs by Tony, before he moved to Dark Arts. I probably put his kid through college!

Last edited: