I wonder if Putin is regretting his little Ukrainian adventure?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
His country is totally isolated.
His economy is in the shitter.
His army is taking its own sweet time in Ukraine.
His public image, and that of his country, is forever tarnished.
His people are getting restless.
The oligarchs that made him are breathing down his neck.
The West is united against Russia more than they have been in decades.
And so on...
It would be nice if sanctions worked like that but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

How long have North Korea and Cuba been isolated? Soviet Union? Iran? The list goes on.

I don't remember when have sanctions lead to popular uprising. I could be wrong.

Russian people will suffer, the oligarchs and Pooty will do what they've always done - DGAF and carry on with atrocities.

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It would be nice if sanctions worked like that but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

How long have North Korea and Cuba been isolated? Soviet Union? Iran? The list goes on.

I don't remember when have sanctions lead to popular uprising. I could be wrong.

Russian people will suffer, the oligarchs and Pooty will do what they've always done - DGAF and carry on with atrocities.
Finally someone who gets the point I was making in another thread. PootiePoo doesn't give a rat's ass about the sanctions and he doesn't give a rip if his people suffer. The guy is perhaps the richest man on the planet. He doesn't care any more than Stalin did.

Reactions: Ifallalot

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Finally someone who gets the point I was making in another thread. PootiePoo doesn't give a rat's ass about the sanctions and he doesn't give a rip if his people suffer. The guy is perhaps the richest man on the planet. He doesn't care any more than Stalin did.
Russia will have a hard time supporting its satellites, like Syria, Iran, Venezuela, etc.

...another good in my book.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Gee, I wonder why super strongman Pooty isn't obliterating the U.S. Air Force C-17s bringing missiles to Ukraine, just 12 miles inside Poland's border. Is he afraid?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
who should stop him and how?
Exactly

it’s really simple, is stopping the suffering of Ukrainians and Russian people (from sanctions) worth risking the lives of the rest of the world?

Western leadership is doing the right thing for once. Warmongers love to create revisionist history about Neville Chamberlain when the fact is there is much more risk from Putin because of nuclear weapons while his conventional army is much weaker than Hitler’s was

When there is a war going on somewhere, there’s a really easy question to ask yourself- is it worth you or your kids dying over?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Exactly

it’s really simple, is stopping the suffering of Ukrainians and Russian people (from sanctions) worth risking the lives of the rest of the world?

Western leadership is doing the right thing for once. Warmongers love to create revisionist history about Neville Chamberlain when the fact is there is much more risk from Putin because of nuclear weapons while his conventional army is much weaker than Hitler’s was

When there is a war going on somewhere, there’s a really easy question to ask yourself- is it worth you or your kids dying over?
Is it worth their kids living in bondage when it can be stopped?