i love being at the beach, but.....

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
@Aruka I had one of the best burritos in my life at this little convenience store/shop in some tiny coastal southern Oregon town while driving through. Guy smoked killer meats, made his hot sauces, etc. May be too far from you, but daaaaamn!!
Cielito Lindo in Brookings? Used to be an old gas station (many years ago).
I've yet to try it, but don't get down there during lunch/dinner times too often (once or twice a month)

Many locals rave about it. Looks fairly authentic, hole in the wallish, and seems to be above par.

Most Mex places here use too much rice, beans, lettuce inside burritos.

I personally judge a Mex food place by their chile rellenos or chile verde. If those are good/authentic, the rest is usually pretty good too.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Lettuce? That is heresy. Where is this abominable place that serves lettuce on tacos? We must burn it down.
Is this a Cuban version? I can let that slide.

Cabbage, green and purple.
Basically all Mexican away from the west coat and the southwest :toilet:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Birria is made from young goats. Next you clowns will be making authentic Birria de Pargo o otra pendejada.

Corn is the staple. Fresh off the conveyor at the tortillaria with a hunk of chicharrón and salsa verde. If I had to eat packaged store bought tortillas it would be flour.

Me wife worked in a tortillaria when she was in middle school, stacking when they came off the conveyor and selling. A family of five would probably go through 2kg/day.

In the OC, there were tons of good places when I lived there. All over the place really. I don’t know about now but one could start by looking at the list of repeated health code violations.
My mother in law was RIP....a tortillaria solo :cheers: wife when little in school she would make 100s corn tortillas fund raiser etc. She could also make CR tamales Xmas like no ones business. By mid afternoon you would be eating fresh tsmales always made plenty for huge family:shaka:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Basically all Mexican away from the west coat and the southwest :toilet:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

(and for those of you squinting, yes, underneath the tacos, two of which have shredded lettuce, it says "Mexican Street Food" in the purple banner. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

TacoTuesday.jpeg

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm not sure what's worse: That I took them in the first place (oops I mean my friend took them) or that they ended up on the erBB cause I may or may not have had a little too much whiskey

either way, be disappointed in me or thank me. Or both. I understand either way :roflmao: