i love being at the beach, but.....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Threads about Mexican food are tortuous to read when when you are trying to recomp.

It's a 40 minute drive to that place but I want to go. And get a margarita.

These people sound like my relatives.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
This thread still going? Wow!

Anybody watch Taco Chronicles on Netflix?

Good stuff. The cinematography is excellent, and I (almost) always want to go out and eat some. Alas, Hawaii is not renowned for great Mexican/Latin American food.

I watched one. It was cool.
There's another one called "Street Food" where they check in on some spots in Hawaii. NS Shrimp Trucks, Da Bald Guys, A taro factory..

A friend always had a dream of hiring from the mainland and opening up a classic CA style Mexican food spot in Hawaii. No frills, just the go to classics for cheap.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I watched one. It was cool.
There's another one called "Street Food" where they check in on some spots in Hawaii. NS Shrimp Trucks, Da Bald Guys, A taro factory..

A friend always had a dream of hiring from the mainland and opening up a classic CA style Mexican food spot in Hawaii. No frills, just the go to classics for cheap.
Saw a couple episodes of that one too (obviously I'm only a pretend surfer like the rest of you). Good storytelling, focusing on one family (two bald guys), and going back and forth to other food vendors. The Hawaii one was actually very good.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Saw a couple episodes of that one too (obviously I'm only a pretend surfer like the rest of you). Good storytelling, focusing on one family (two bald guys), and going back and forth to other food vendors. The Hawaii one was actually very good.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
btw, oxnard OWNS taco's in so cal. so many places i can't even post them all, but, they are as good as the winter waves. one place is 5 minutes from the sand.
I can't remember the name of it but there's a carnitas place in the Nard that is next level. You order by the pound and buy a stack of torts, hit the salsa bar and holy cow (pig)!!!!

Reactions: rowjimmytour