i love being at the beach, but.....

Matilija

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 27, 2010
I can't remember the name of it but there's a carnitas place in the Nard that is next level. You order by the pound and buy a stack of torts, hit the salsa bar and holy cow (pig)!!!!
Carnitas El Rey. Their torts are insane. Sister restaurant in Hueneme is Carnitas El Brother.

• Love
Reactions: npsp

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That taco shop at the old gas station in Brookings is a godsend. Legit AF.
I will have to give it another shot next time I'm there. I went there years ago and don't recall being blown away but I don't remember what I ordered.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
corrales is dog food. the real stuff is on ventura avenue, and downtown oxnard.
yep! In my 20s I worked a couple blocks up from the tracks above Wooley and we’d hit La Paloma in Colonia. We’d ask the grammy to make something if it was the menu or not and she’s always deliver. Taco de Mexico etc. Lots of gut wrenching food near the Amtrak. You gotta earn that cast iron stomach.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
there's some diamonds in the rough but generally yes

lived within cycling distance of this place for a few years and it was good pretty also

after driving back from surfing your local I'd always grab a burrito at this joint, options for no rice or bean bullshit inside

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Many, many moons ago I was doing a re-model on a McMahan's furniture store down there and for lunch we used to go to this Mexican joint right there at the entrance to Silver Strand.
Outstanding burritos and tacos.
Is it still there?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Many, many moons ago I was doing a re-model on a McMahan's furniture store down there and for lunch we used to go to this Mexican joint right there at the entrance to Silver Strand.
Is it still there?
I think you're talking about Pepe's. Ordered a chicken burrito. I thought it was good.

Matilija

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 27, 2010
Is it still there?
Used to be good, Joe the old owner sold out years ago, sucks now.