I feel stupider already. Much stupider.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
this show has made me so stupid i just realized its got 2 episodes per week

for the doubles surfing, they set the wave to slow and flat
ridiculous how theyre trying to make riding those waves so dramatic with crowd reactions

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
the bachelorette crossover was major cringe
then a floater contest in a wave with no floater section
hmmm make pros look like kooks
koas really been hamming it up for the camera, playin the game
oh think of the career opportunities...

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
captain combover, u arent fooling anyone, u r as bald as slater
1631138901019.png

ps: anyone notice the sound effects for every turn??????????

Last edited:

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
the bachelorette crossover was major cringe
then a floater contest in a wave with no floater section
hmmm make pros look like kooks
koas really been hamming it up for the camera, playin the game
oh think of the career opportunities...
Coincidentally, Bachelor in Paradise (that my wife religiously watches) is currently going through a controversy with contestants scheming to gain IG followers.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
does wardos kid seem crazy to u?
i say yes she does
She does seem a bit intense. Of course need to remember that these reality shows can portray you however they want. She definitely seems to be the lone wolf villainess.

Listening to the Lineup (WSL) podcast on the show, she comes across as articulate and seems to understand it was a game. Was impressed to learn that she has a comms degree from USC. She also stated that she essentially was raised by teenagers (self-awareness statement).

I saw her when she was 14 caddying for her dad at some sizable Sunset Beach. Don't know her of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: RemyXO

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I recall before the show going on air her saying she may come off looking bad and the producers got in her head.

sounded like the typical reality tv drama stirred up by the producers and edited for maximum effect.

that siad, I couldnt imagine her childhood was anything close to normal. both Mom and Pop are a little, if not more, off axis.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I think Malia Ward would come across as the most interesting personality to a more general audience (non-surfers)

usually these shows tend to flesh out those who have some camera presence and I think that would be her

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I recall before the show going on air her saying she may come off looking bad and the producers got in her head.

sounded like the typical reality tv drama stirred up by the producers and edited for maximum effect.

that siad, I couldnt imagine her childhood was anything close to normal. both Mom and Pop are a little, if not more, off axis.
That she turned out as well as it seems is a feather in her cap and a bit of a surprise.

Reactions: sdsrfr and Boneroni

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
leashes are required at sr

also i reckon both malias parents are a tad nuts so she should be too

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This society can make girls go crazy.

Especially when there are lot of resources to be had.

I used to be down on how the Mexicans treated their women like sh!t but I get it now.