I can’t get on a plane and go to a wedding with Covid right?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Good to hear GBG is doing better. That sounds like a nightmare.

It's going around my house for the first time. My 15 month old brought it home from daycare. She was fussy and lost appetite for 3 days, but seems better now. No fever and barely a runny nose.

Then my 4 year old came down with a 103 fever three days later. He had two days of fever. Today he was fever-free during the day, but it crept up in the evening. Ibuprofen easily squashed it.

At first I had mild cold symptoms for a few days with no fatigue. Then asthma came on, and I needed to start an inhaled steroid. Then last night I got a slightly elevated temp (100). Today, no temp but I've had waves of dizziness, mild fatigue and body ache. Feel like the day after I got my booster. Overall, a slow burn effect for me, but it came on strong and backed off for the kids.

My wife has no symptoms and keeps testing negative. She never even gets a cold. Has her mother's indomitable immune system.

My son and I did not lose taste or smell. Not sure if the baby did.

FWIW, I'm 40, 2 Pfizer shots at the beginning of the pandemic and a Moderna booster in late November 2021. Interesting how varied people's experiences are. This sh!t was definitely made in a lab.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
When I’ve forgotten, I’ve proven that I need it
ive sat next to guys on flights who didnt use any, and spent the entire flight trying to hod back puking

hopefully you’re not just oblivious
Nah. Dirty Diane asked to borrow my deodorant years back. Told her I never used it. She couldn't believe it because I'm so sweatty. So I went on an hour bike ride in August and came back drenched and made her sniff my pits. She was like OMG there's no smell.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good to hear GBG is doing better. That sounds like a nightmare.

It's going around my house for the first time. My 15 month old brought it home from daycare. She was fussy and lost appetite for 3 days, but seems better now. No fever and barely a runny nose.

Then my 4 year old came down with a 103 fever three days later. He had two days of fever. Today he was fever-free during the day, but it crept up in the evening. Ibuprofen easily squashed it.

At first I had mild cold symptoms for a few days with no fatigue. Then asthma came on, and I needed to start an inhaled steroid. Then last night I got a slightly elevated temp (100). Today, no temp but I've had waves of dizziness, mild fatigue and body ache. Feel like the day after I got my booster. Overall, a slow burn effect for me, but it came on strong and backed off for the kids.

My wife has no symptoms and keeps testing negative. She never even gets a cold. Has her mother's indomitable immune system.

My son and I did not lose taste or smell. Not sure if the baby did.

FWIW, I'm 40, 2 Pfizer shots at the beginning of the pandemic and a Moderna booster in late November 2021. Interesting how varied people's experiences are. This sh!t was definitely made in a lab.
That’s how this variant went for me and many friends, same age and vax status. The symptoms just come and go and vary and change, with exhaustion being the constant. I’m not particularly conspiracy minded but, I have always leaned towards the lab leak idea, even more so now.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Got a call from the doc and the blood allergy test shows I'm allergic to shrimp. The 2 bites of food I had were cooked with shrimp even though I didn't eat any shrimp. It's hit or miss since I eat shrimp often so I'll just avoid it. Now keep an epipen and roids handy. 12 different blood tests - no aids or herps or cancer or dirty poon, just shrimp. Whew. :jamon: