I can’t get on a plane and go to a wedding with Covid right?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Last night the white coats gave me big juicy injections of epinephrine, famoditine, methylprednisolone, benydril, and then steroid pills for the next 3 days. I got the craziest allergic reaction to something and my lips & cheeks swelled up beyond recognition, plus the uvula, pallet and tongue were swollen and almost got a breathing tube. All night and half today in the ICU. My face is still forming back into its regular shape, but the "full rainbow" of blood vials they drew all came back normal and I haven't had bloodwork in over 10 years. :jamon: Now I need to figure out WTF caused it so I can avoid it from happening again. Sucky!
Damn!
Glad they saved you!

Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Last night the white coats gave me big juicy injections of epinephrine, famoditine, methylprednisolone, benydril, and then steroid pills for the next 3 days. I got the craziest allergic reaction to something and my lips & cheeks swelled up beyond recognition, plus the uvula, pallet and tongue were swollen and almost got a breathing tube. All night and half today in the ICU. My face is still forming back into its regular shape, but the "full rainbow" of blood vials they drew all came back normal and I haven't had bloodwork in over 10 years. :jamon: Now I need to figure out WTF caused it so I can avoid it from happening again. Sucky!
Bro.. you just got a bad clam in your chowder. You'll be fine. But.. how is she??:shrug:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My test from yesterday came back positive for covid. Mother fukka. I actually feel a little better this afternoon. I think the 2 decades surfing filthy IB water protected me. Or the vaccine. Oh wait. fook.
Sorry bout your luck bro, but I called it. As soon as you mentioned the boomerang symptoms after you had felt better for a few days, i had no doubt. And the duration too was pretty telling. This variant, you may not need a hospital, and I I never got wildly Ill at all, but it seems like it just never ends

that said, a business partner of mine has a good friend currently in a coma from this wave. Not even 40

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Sorry bout your luck bro, but I called it. As soon as you mentioned the boomerang symptoms after you had felt better for a few days, i had no doubt. And the duration too was pretty telling. This variant, you may not need a hospital, and I I never got wildly Ill at all, but it seems like it just never ends

that said, a business partner of mine has a good friend currently in a coma from this wave. Not even 40
I feel much better. Cough is going away. Wide awake at 1 am but I have slept alot during the day. Minimal sweating. I am still glad I got the vaccine.

Reactions: Norm' and Subway

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
I feel much better. Cough is going away. Wide awake at 1 am but I have slept alot during the day. Minimal sweating. I am still glad I got the vaccine.
Just got a second booster of Pfizer. Who knows if it will help, but I'm over 50, so why not get it? The family got Omicron during the January wave. Not fun, but we all made it through. A round of something flu like is winding down a run thru our house and I'm the only one who didn't get it. Everyone tested negative for Covid multiple times, but false negatives are apparently far more prevalent with the new variants. So who knows. One thing's clear - Covid's gonna be with us from here on out...

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get covid. 2 years and I was sick bad twice but negative tests. I might get a booster too this year. Yes, it is here to stay. I really do think it was planned to pick off the sick and weak hogging up the global medical resources and to slow down population growth. I simply don't trust that we know everything about these viruses/variants so if there is something that could offer some protection, I am going to take it.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I may actually get a 4th jab after this 2 week plus bout. As healthy as we are, and all the vitamin D etc, it gave me a new appreciation for this stupid fukking virus. Never got super sick, but I could feel how serious it could be in a less fortunate host. And my wife, 8 years older than me, healed up a few days sooner than me, and she got her 4th jab just a few months ago. Maybe that was the differentiator? :shrug:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So, of course you all know we didn’t attend the wedding. But my new “step father” was thoughtful enough to send us this keepsake and symbol of their golden age romance. Now I just need to frame it and find a good spot to hang it :roflmao::applause2:
8700200F-160C-4E81-B6B8-0C915628397A.jpeg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Finally starting to feel better. Pretty miserable week. The night sweats last weekend and earlier this week were insane. I had to change my pillowcase and sheets. I was too sick to work this week. I was taking two long naps every day and still sleeping 9-10 hours.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I just talked to my sister from Nashville this morning and found out that she and her 4 year old son both came down with it this weekend. She's vaxxed but not boosted and he's well, he's 4 years old. She described the symptoms equal to a very snotty then congested head cold. Her son was restless and complained of pain in his ear. The next morning she woke up to find blood dripping out of his ear. That called for a straight shot to the E.R. and multiple tests where the docs determined that he had an ear infection. Antibiotics and the Tylenol/Ibuprofen switcharoo seemed to take care of it and now, this morning, both of them are feeling better but still congested and constantly clearing their throats. She plans on taking it very easy and napping throughout the coming weekend.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You really need to rest this one out. It lingers and lingers. Exhausted the whole time. Cold symptoms coming and going on the daily. Exhausted well after you test negative. and the Covid brain fog persists for WEEKS afterwards. rest now, don‘t rush back to heavy cardio for weeks, lots of fluids etc.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I tested positive again yesterday but am feeling better. You are right though. Exhausted. I havent slept this much in years. I can taste a little bit. Smells are off. Everything has a weird sharp pungent smell. I am so fucking hungry today. Just devouring everything.

Reactions: manbearpig

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I tested positive again yesterday but am feeling better. You are right though. Exhausted. I havent slept this much in years. I can taste a little bit. Smells are off. Everything has a weird sharp pungent smell. I am so fucking hungry today. Just devouring everything.
I’m still smelling a metallic sulfuric smell and taste with some things. Been around a month I guess now

i had to switch deodorants. my old one had that bad smell
i switched to one that i used to hate, but now is fine

still not sure that it’s Covid related, since any upper respiratory infection can cause it

Reactions: gbg