Hypochondria

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Oooh a thread about something stupid somebody said on Twitter.

Totally worthy of a discussion.

IF YOUR RETARDÉ

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I think it's a pretty predictable response to a plague.

Humans are super adaptable.

When this thing fizzles out people will quickly forget.

I think we are coming to the end.
"So weird that during a pandemic someone is saying what no one would say without the pandemic."

Twitter is full of the not funny, so stupid.
"Plague" "Pandemic"

The dangerous plague that is so dangerous that you have to get tested to know wether you have it or not?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
"Plague" "Pandemic"

The dangerous plague that is so dangerous that you have to get tested to know wether you have it or not?
solid mischaracterization

why do you spend so much energy tilting against windmills?

you bring no one around to your way of thinking while also making a fool of yourself publicly

what is your intention?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
"Plague" "Pandemic"

So they do not spread it to others who may die or get really sick, take a look at reddit Hermain Cain awards thread and see how many of your ilk died while posting the same bs as you. Btw good job parroting Ronda Deathsentence like a good little partisan

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So they do not spread it to others who may die or get really sick, take a look at reddit Hermain Cain awards thread and see how many of your ilk died while posting the same bs as you. Btw good job parroting Ronda Deathsentence like a good little partisan
you know what they say......covfefe misinformation is like drinking a vial of poison and then waiting for your enemy to die.

Reactions: mundus

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
'Is this how I want to catch CV-19?'

I think I remember some jokes in a similar vein in the early days of increased awareness about Herpes2 and then later HIV/AIDS.

Reactions: Autoprax

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You have to admit, CV-19 has helped legitimize hypochondriacs and germaphobes to the point of being leaders of the community in some urban/suburban hoods.

Around here (coastal S. Oregon), these people are still what they were 2-3 years ago. Masks are optional everywhere, and many ignore or don't use them indoors shopping or restaurants.

It's more or less treated as a security blanket. Which is what I felt it was from the very beginning.

Yes, people have died from it. Most with comorbidities (obese, compromised health issues).

It's time to move on and not hide from it anymore. It will be with us for years. There will always be another variant to "fear", if you let it. Sometimes more info is too much info, and this feeds the mass hypochondria mindset of some.

Kind of like that submerged rock at your favorite surf spot. You know it's there, just surf around it.
You can be afraid of it, if you let it. Know it's there, but have fun dodging it.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You have to admit, CV-19 has helped legitimize hypochondriacs and germaphobes to the point of being leaders of the community in some urban/suburban hoods.

Around here (coastal S. Oregon), these people are still what they were 2-3 years ago. Masks are optional everywhere, and many ignore or don't use them indoors shopping or restaurants.

It's more or less treated as a security blanket. Which is what I felt it was from the very beginning.

Yes, people have died from it. Most with comorbidities (obese, compromised health issues).

It's time to move on and not hide from it anymore. It will be with us for years. There will always be another variant to "fear", if you let it. Sometimes more info is too much info, and this feeds the mass hypochondria mindset of some.

Kind of like that submerged rock at your favorite surf spot. You know it's there, just surf around it.
You can be afraid of it, it you let it. Know it's there, but have fun dodging it.
Living with it and not trying to get it can exists concurrently.

When you know there's a rock in the line up, you don't try to hit it. Surfing around it is just like taking the very basic precautions we've been asked to take (mask).