Hydrodynamica

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Even for the erBB, you might be overthinking this decision that you've been considering a GMM for at least a couple years now! :poke:
GMM2 would probably be more HP and versatile. CS has better aesthetics IMO. You can see video of both being surfed a lot if you go back through HD's insta. RK used to ride CS most days a couple years ago, now been on GMM2 for last few months.
I just think that CS looks amazing! I guess i was fishing for an excuse to buy it. lol. But it sounds like the GMM2 is the way to go. I wish I could order the GMM2 from Tomo in Aus.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I just think that CS looks amazing! I guess i was fishing for an excuse to buy it. lol. But it sounds like the GMM2 is the way to go. I wish I could order the GMM2 from Tomo in Aus.
Don't think you'd be disappointed with CS. I agree the CS round nose is much more pleasing that the blocky GMM, which is all function. Ask Javier if they will do a tomo channel in the CS. Also, go stringerless, if you can.

Reactions: ReForest

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
JKB said "dont fu#k around, get a GMM2" but there is that beautiful green Cyber Sim at XTR with the glass on fins.
Which one would you say it better for small waves? GMM2 or Cyber Sim?
I haven't ridden a Cyber Sim so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if I had both a GMM2 and a Cyber Sim I'm guessing I'd ride them in the following conditions (in Oceanside, for example):

Cyber Sim - Under waist high where a bit of extra rail line combined with that wide tail would help you carry speed through soft sections
GMM2 - Waist to head high for drawing lines wherever the fvck you want to go (when I say head high, I'm taking about the softer head high days at some of the jetty's)
Cyber Sim - chest high and up where a little more length/volume would be helpful for bigger conditions and paddling around the lineup

Of course this is all rocker dependent. The cyber sim rocker could be dogshit in really small waves for all I know.

Reactions: grendel95

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Having the center fin and wing helps somewhat cut down on the slidey-ness. The OG Mini Simmons was good at trimming fast along the wave face. The Simster is easier to turn but by no means are you doing roundhouse cutbacks like a thruster. This is the set up I’ve settled on to surf it the way I want. Still get lots of immediate planing but it‘s noticeably more nimble in beach breaks with S-Wings and the large AM2 as a trailer
View attachment 108389View attachment 108388
Full techno Tom Curren look

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I haven't ridden a Cyber Sim so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if I had both a GMM2 and a Cyber Sim I'm guessing I'd ride them in the following conditions (in Oceanside, for example):

Cyber Sim - Under waist high where a bit of extra rail line combined with that wide tail would help you carry speed through soft sections
GMM2 - Waist to head high for drawing lines wherever the fvvk you want to go (when I say head high, I'm taking about the softer head high days at some of the jetty's)
Cyber Sim - chest high and up where a little more length/volume would be helpful for bigger conditions and paddling around the lineup

Of course this is all rocker dependent. The cyber sim rocker could be dogshit in really small waves for all I know.
FWIW I believe RK’s were both 5’8 and he seemed to ride them in the same wave range: normal conditions (waist to head high) as a DD at his usual reef spot: typically fairly lined up rights & lefts with some steep sections but some slower fatter sections to navigate too. He looked great on both. Like I said his CS (from a couple years ago) round nose looks more pleasing to watch, but I may give the GMM2 (he’s on now) a slight edge, given that he’s now 60 and pushing 200.
For Deforest, I’d guess the CS might surf a tiny bit more differently from the Tomos you’re used to- which could be a nice change when you wanna cruise/flow more. But I’ve found the GMM2 to be familiar to his other boards. My two cents. Grain of salt. Etc

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
probably not realistic but was thinking that if Dan ever had another deal I would ask him to make me a V3 Nano using Evo rocker

May 14, 2011
I have a simster on order right now... curious to hear more feedback from those who've had one + comparisons to the classic caspers.

Reactions: MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I asked Dan for a Hydrosquash outline with a GMM2 rocker, but he couldn't do it.

Might have been because RK commissioned Dan to shape the GMM2 and RK owns the file?
Probably... but that cant be the only board he used that rocker with, right?
Any day now RK is gonna drop that Hydrodynamica film...

:roflmao:
I wonder what the hang up is? Film direction? What content to use? Money? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM! lol. MAKE THE FILM ALREADY! :computer::cursing:

I bet RK has a bunch of great footage and stories to tell. Not only of Dan but of Rasta and the great Bob Simmons as well.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Probably... but that cant be the only board he used that rocker with, right?

I wonder what the hang up is? Film direction? What content to use? Money? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM! lol. MAKE THE FILM ALREADY! :computer::cursing:

I bet RK has a bunch of great footage and stories to tell. Not only of Dan but of Rasta and the great Bob Simmons as well.

not as many as greg griffin duuu

• Haha