How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
counterpoint: grocery stores are not really an epicenter for the spread of the virus.

schools are probably riskier.

living rooms, bars, and other private gatherings at the riskiest.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
there was no plan. no wonder the Trump admin wouldn't cooperate - they had nothing to show the incoming admin people.

Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.

The Biden administration has promised to try to turn the Covid-19 pandemic around and drastically speed up the pace of vaccinating Americans against the virus. But in the immediate hours following Biden being sworn into office on Wednesday, sources with direct knowledge of the new administration's Covid-related work told CNN one of the biggest shocks that the Biden team had to digest during the transition period was what they saw as a complete lack of a vaccine distribution strategy under former President Donald Trump, even weeks after multiple vaccines were approved for use in the United States.

"There is nothing for us to rework. We are going to have to build everything from scratch," one source said. Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
400,000 dead so far. Let’s see if the new administration can do any better.
My Governor issued an executive order that counties/municipalities can't enforce mask laws. Biden tries to make it Federal, it'll be Jade Helm 2.0. Trump is only one Republican, not all of them, and there's plenty of Democrats who just don't comply, and there aren't enough cops to kneel on all their necks.

I think they might be able to improve vaccine roll out, maybe transparency improvements. Otherwise, this is a personal responsibility issue. We can be responsible like South Korea, or we can ask stupid questions about why, China excluded because I don't think their stats are worth sh!t, we're among the very worst if not the worst at this.

When nobody tells anyone what to do, Rona will tell some people what to do.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
there was no plan. no wonder the Trump admin wouldn't cooperate - they had nothing to show the incoming admin people.

The news story you linked is terribly dishonest. Claiming Trump had no distribution plan and using it to make excuses for Biden is simply being dishonest. Beyond that, most of the responsibility falls on state governors anyway rather than the federal government. You also can't complain about distribution of the vaccine when vaccinations are well under way and it is a vaccine that you sowed seeds of distrust in. Biden will not be able to get away with excuses.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The news story you linked is terribly dishonest. Claiming Trump had no distribution plan and using it to make excuses for Biden is simply being dishonest. Beyond that, most of the responsibility falls on state governors anyway rather than the federal government. You also can't complain about distribution of the vaccine when vaccinations are well under way and it is a vaccine that you sowed seeds of distrust in. Biden will not be able to get away with excuses.
not one person with any shred of credibility, decency, honesty, or patriotism thinks that Trumby had a plan because it’s an objective fact that the Trumby admin did not have a plan.

Try existing in reality for once.

Nobody is making excuses for Biden. His administration is expected to improve on the previous administration‘s non-efforts and should be held accountable as any administration should.

Do you see the difference in the way people speak about the current administration and the previous one?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
not one person with any shred of credibility, decency, honesty, or patriotism thinks that Trumby had a plan because it’s an objective fact that the Trumby admin did not have a plan.
If there was "No distribution plan" how do you explain the vaccinations that have been going on.

The biggest problem here is that people like you are completely incapable of intellectual honesty.

If there was no distribution plan under the Trump Administration, how the fuk do you explain all of these people being vaccinated in such a short time under the Trump Administration? You can't. You're a dishonest piece of sh!t hal.

Vaccines under trump.JPG

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Sounds like someone (GrossFat) is very dysregulated today.

The previous administration had no plan and, in fact, passed up the opportunity to order an additional 50 million doses from Pfizer.

Try existing in a world where objective facts exist.

The new administration has a plan and we’ll see if they can articulate it and if they can implement it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Sounds like someone (GrossFat) is very dysregulated today.

The previous administration had no plan and, in fact, passed up the opportunity to order an additional 50 million doses from Pfizer.

Try existing in a world where objective facts exist.

The new administration has a plan and we’ll see if they can articulate it and if they can implement it.
It is going to be long 4years at least.

Reactions: hal9000

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
My Governor issued an executive order that counties/municipalities can't enforce mask laws. Biden tries to make it Federal, it'll be Jade Helm 2.0. Trump is only one Republican, not all of them, and there's plenty of Democrats who just don't comply, and there aren't enough cops to kneel on all their necks.

I think they might be able to improve vaccine roll out, maybe transparency improvements. Otherwise, this is a personal responsibility issue. We can be responsible like South Korea, or we can ask stupid questions about why, China excluded because I don't think their stats are worth sh!t, we're among the very worst if not the worst at this.

When nobody tells anyone what to do, Rona will tell some people what to do.
Dude, why don't people understand the power of the President.

Biden can't make it national. He's said so himself, repeatedly. And the EO he issued specifically covers only federal properties/workplaces.

FFS.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If there was "No distribution plan" how do you explain the vaccinations that have been going on.

The biggest problem here is that people like you are completely incapable of intellectual honesty.

If there was no distribution plan under the Trump Administration, how the fuk do you explain all of these people being vaccinated in such a short time under the Trump Administration? You can't. You're a dishonest piece of sh!t hal.

View attachment 104086
At that rate, it'll take 2 full years to give a shot to the entire population! Yay!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
#1 in linking all deaths as CV-19.

Flu deaths are non-existent this season.

Dying WITH CV-19 is the new Dying WITH old age as a comorbidity.

people have explained this, multiple times, in multiple threads

there are great analyses on this beyond the forums, too, by people
with actual expertise on the subject

I know you'd prefer to continue to concoct histrionic narratives in
your mind bordering on conspiracy theories, but I just though I'd let
you know that if you did, indeed, want to learn about the flu numbers
and how covid (and more importantly, covid measures) have affected
them, the information is out there for you to consider.

have a good day, dog!

I look forward to your next fluspiracy post...

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
people have explained this, multiple times, in multiple threads

there are great analyses on this beyond the forums, too, by people
with actual expertise on the subject

I know you'd prefer to continue to concoct histrionic narratives in
your mind bordering on conspiracy theories, but I just though I'd let
you know that if you did, indeed, want to learn about the flu numbers
and how covid (and more importantly, covid measures) have affected
them, the information is out there for you to consider.

have a good day, dog!

I look forward to your next fluspiracy post...

stop engaging him and realize that there are indisputable scientific facts on the matter.