How much more will your Big Mac cost if we raise the minimum wage?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You ever work in a lumberyard? My job was to catch the 4x8 sheets of plywood as the machine that just pressed spat them out and stack them on a hydraulic lift.
I worked on a convener belt unloading hot pans of shortcake as they came out of the oven all night.

It was fast and hot.

I burned myself and they were like GO FASTER!

But I burned myself!

Don't be pussy!

I have a deep catalogue of shitty jobs.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Having enough money to survive by working a full time job, without government assistance, is not a business deal.

It's a basic human right.
So everyone is entitled a job that pays them to live wherever they want :unsure:

What about teenagers who live at home- do they deserve the same amount of pay as a single mother in her 40s?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Sick strawman bro.

Nobody said anything about buying houses in coastal California on a MickyD wages.
Rent price is correlated with purchase price. A coastal California home will rent for $3-4K, which yes, would require a $100k/year salary (or $50/hr full time) to cover without being house poor.

Reactions: Sharky

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Rent price is correlated with purchase price. A coastal California home will rent for $3-4K, which yes, would require a $100k/year salary (or $50/hr full time) to cover without being house poor.
Oh man, did anybody say anything about renting a place on the beach?

If you work at MickeyD's you most likely live in the valley and have quite a few roommates.

We are talking living paycheck to paycheck, not buying houses in La Jolla.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Oh man, did anybody say anything about renting a place on the beach?
Do you think you can rent ON THE BEACH for $3-4K/month :unsure: :roflmao:

If you work at MickeyD's you most likely live in the valley and have quite a few roommates.
Cool :shaka:

We are talking living paycheck to paycheck, not buying houses in La Jolla.
And what do you think it costs to even rent a studio in La Jolla :unsure:

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Even your insults are shite.
You: Having enough money to survive by working a full time job, without government assistance, is not a business deal.

Me: Where would we find this right, and who's obligated to pay for it?

Can you answer the question, or are you just going to squirt away in some other direction....again,

Reactions: schex

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You: Having enough money to survive by working a full time job, without government assistance, is not a business deal.

Me: Where would we find this right, and who's obligated to pay for it?

Can you answer the question, or are you just going to squirt away in some other direction....again,
You are asking who is obligated to compensate you adequatly for your work?

:roflmao: