How much more will your Big Mac cost if we raise the minimum wage?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
So you don’t have any personal experience. We all knew that.
No I've never worked in MickeyD's, so that makes everything I said irrelevant and not worth answering?

Tell us more about how you can't be pro-EVs unless you're driving one.

And how you can't have an opinion on immigration unless you personally housed an immigrant.

You're a fallacy machine.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
No I've never worked in MickeyD's, so that makes everything I said irrelevant and not worth answering?

Tell us more about how you can't be pro-EVs unless you're driving one.

And how you can't have an opinion on immigration unless you personally housed an immigrant.

You're a fallacy machine.
What a stupid question. Fast food restaurant. Not just Mikey’s. Any restaurant.

That’s bullshit. Back up your statement.

See above. Same thing.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What a stupid question. Fast food restaurant. Not just Mikey’s. Any restaurant.

That’s bullshit. Back up your statement.

See above. Same thing.
I worked in a hotel restaurant and various bars throughout my college years.

What do you want to know?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Criteria is in the USA. You didn’t do that to support a family.

For me, dishwasher, busboy, waiter, prep cook, line cook. I didn’t do that to support a family, I did it to support a surfing habit.
Well, not everybody is as smart and cool as you.

I don't know where "supporting the family" came from?
It's nothing to do with anything.

As always, you're missing the point.

Some people work all their lives in restaurants.

The fact that you did it to support a surf habit doesn't change the fact that you've been fucked over.
And you loved it, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well, not everybody is as smart and cool as you.

I don't know where "supporting the family" came from?
It's nothing to do with anything.

As always, you're missing the point.

Some people work all their lives in restaurants.

The fact that you did it to support a surf habit doesn't change the fact that you've been fucked over.
And you loved it, apparently.
Supporting the family came from Hal’s article. Take it up with him.

You win at selective reading and not following the thread. Again.

I never felt fucked over. Excellent learning experience. From the front of the business to the back.

This is blatantly unfair to other fast food workers as others have pointed out.

In summary, you be trippin.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Where I live, (Ventucky) the median price of a home is about 860 thousand? You buy income property, you have to pay property taxes on that almost a million dollar valuation which means rent has to be high to make any money. Gas, food, medical insurance, etc. etc. what's a living wage in this town now? 120 grand a year? That seems lite.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Where I live, (Ventucky) the median price of a home is about 860 thousand? You buy income property, you have to pay property taxes on that almost a million dollar valuation which means rent has to be high to make any money. Gas, food, medical insurance, etc. etc. what's a living wage in this town now? 120 grand a year? That seems lite.
$50/hour +/-. Seems fair for asking “you want fries with that?”.

• Haha

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
A lot of jobs like flipping burgers or bussing tables used to be part time jobs mostly held by teenagers or college students. Now they are full-time jobs held by adults. That shift is what drives much of the whole "living wage" debate.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'd like to see a study of job pay across the board since min wage increases. From my little world I don't see mid tier wages/salaries increasing. This seems like a problem to me.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A lot of jobs like flipping burgers or bussing tables used to be part time jobs mostly held by teenagers or college students. Now they are full-time jobs held by adults. That shift is what drives much of the whole "living wage" debate.
In n Out seems like all people under 25.
The rest seem like mostly Mexicans working with somebody else's SS #. This happens a lot with illegal immigrants from all over the planet but seems to be pervasive in fast food.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When houses got really expensive, I would always think, How can you afford the property taxes?

This what years ago before they got even more expensive.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I understand that. It doesn’t change anything. That it’s limited to Mickey’s is lame. Should high school and college students pay be less for doing the exact same job?