How many times has your car been robbed while surfing?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
wow I had an extremely similar situation happen to me at El Porto in December 2021. It was raining and my buddy and I were the only people at the beach. My friend stashed his keys in a bush, and they were stolen shortly after we got in the water. They took our phones and my wallet. The thieves spent $20k at different luxury stores in Beverly Hills, meanwhile at the same time someone went to a Wells Fargo branch in Mar Vista and withdrew $10k in cash. They also changed my password for my online account. I assume the thieves must have known some employees at that branch.
Thankfully Wells Fargo reimbursed everything within 10 days.

Pretty shitty situation, I hope it gets resolved quickly for you
Ha!

Same sh!t.

Wells employees involved for sure in both cases - they have to be able to bypass the security questions (SSN, etc). Wells won't discuss how the security questions were able to be bypassed. I had to attach a phone number to an account today, I was asked my SSN and mother's maiden name. As per usual. So for sure they have people at Wells working with them.

Dealing with Wells to fix this stuff has been haphazard, from them never locking my account to all the stuff that comes after. Totally unorganized, and confusing, even for the employees.

When I went to Wells the other day in person (as instructed) after they froze my accounts I was told by the manager they were by appointment only and I would need to "come back another day.":socrazy:

"You're going to have to make an appointment and come back another day."
"I need money to live."
"Hmmmm, maybe try to withdraw some money with your photo ID?"
"MY ACCOUNTS ARE FUCKING FROZEN BY WELLS FARGO, YOU STUPID sweet and delicious bag of sugar! That's why I need you to get things back online.":crazy2::roflmao::crazy2::roflmao:(I wasn't rude, just what I was thinking in my head)

After I finally got an appointment the Wells Fargo banker had the nerve to try and sell me Wells products. LOL.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Ha!

Same sh!t.

Wells employees involved for sure in both cases - they have to be able to bypass the security questions (SSN, etc). Wells won't discuss how the security questions were able to be bypassed. I had to attach a phone number to an account today, I was asked my SSN and mother's maiden name. As per usual. So for sure they have people at Wells working with them.

Dealing with Wells to fix this stuff has been haphazard, from them never locking my account to all the stuff that comes after. Totally unorganized, and confusing, even for the employees.

When I went to Wells the other day in person (as instructed) after they froze my accounts I was told by the manager they were by appointment only and I would need to "come back another day.":socrazy:

"You're going to have to make an appointment and come back another day."
"I need money to live."
"Hmmmm, maybe try to withdraw some money with your photo ID?"
"MY ACCOUNTS ARE FUCKING FROZEN BY WELLS FARGO, YOU STUPID sweet and delicious bag of sugar! That's why I need you to get things back online.":crazy2::roflmao::crazy2::roflmao:(I wasn't rude, just what I was thinking in my head)

After I finally got an appointment the Wells Fargo banker had the nerve to try and sell me Wells products. LOL.
Fucking bank tards. This is why they are the only group of people hated more than lawyers.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Fucking bank tards. This is why they are the only group of people hated more than lawyers.
It always seems like the suits there aren't really doing anything.

They are acting like they're doing something, but not really.

The tellers are working but the suits are just acting like they're working.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Try waltzing in to a branch with a death certificate and explaining to them the deceased's final bill is chump change, the liquid assets are joint and already in your name, and the residence is homestead-exempted and legal advice was to write 'deceased - return to sender' on the bills and stiff them, but you want to do the right thing and pay up.

You'll get enough phone numbers, fax numbers, and administrative tasks delegated to you for you to qualify for their health insurance and 401(k).

I wish you success in recouping your losses, and may you witness the thieves ripping off someone else's truck, getting hit by a fucking bus while absconding, with the purloined wares arcing through the air into the rightful truck owner's bed.

Reactions: santacruzin

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
i once got a ticket in the mail for not paying a toll in san francisco
ive never even been there, nor has my car
it was a license plate reader failure they cleared up when i called

1 Had something similar with a charge. Called, had them manually "look" at the image of car and plate at time of charge and that took care of things.

2 Was talking with some tourists and they were going on and on about how they are liking not being charged on for tolls on all the bridge crossings. "We're driving a rental, hahhaha, free crossings for us!" I told them that their plate is linked to their rental agreement and those charges will show up. They didn't believe me. While I like to think I am right, that the toll service people will get their pound of flesh, I've been wrong about a lot of things....what do people think? Charged or not?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

Yah the suits don't do much until a special case comes through the door. Such as yours, or when someone needs a loan. Most I've talked with over the years are barely high school literate but they dress nice.
1 Had something similar with a charge. Called, had them manually "look" at the image of car and plate at time of charge and that took care of things.

2 Was talking with some tourists and they were going on and on about how they are liking not being charged on for tolls on all the bridge crossings. "We're driving a rental, hahhaha, free crossings for us!" I told them that their plate is linked to their rental agreement and those charges will show up. They didn't believe me. While I like to think I am right, that the toll service people will get their pound of flesh, I've been wrong about a lot of things....what do people think? Charged or not?
Yes charges. All the toll bridges and toll lanes are cam'd up. Cam takes pics and computer auto-sends bill to rental company. Same thing in some other countries. You get the bill months later.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
i feel for allll of you whom were stupid to do, like Casa,
for what you done did, with your car keyz/fob,
wuz dumb, ya f**kz,
err!!!

F**Kin' stupid mofo'z!

pic below,
1st that is attached, is of Guy,
an older L.A.boy, he surfs pretty good, and will indeed, hit that last lip section, yew!
Guy ~01.JPG
Guy got nailed this past Saturday.

The dudes who ripped off Guy,
this past Saturday, were driving a white Bentley, so i wuz told,
so, where i look for Great White Sharks to leap outta the local waters,
i also keep an eye out for Thee Hood, dig?
i saw it, thee next day.
The White Bentley.

for on Sunday, 'bout the same time as when Guy got nailed,
a coupla dudes pulled up, along PCH, this time, and started prowlin',
it got my ol' man'z hair on me back a~tinglin', as i know many a "MO"
so i went over + checked out their vehicle, yep, a white Bentley, it is them,
and i wunna f**k with 'em, which we are, LAPD, etc...
hahahahaha!

pics below!
rw

Guy car burglary suspects~01.JPG
+
driver:
Guy car burglary suspects~02.JPG
+
fat boy,
with his back-pack on, cellie-phone still glued to his ear:
IMG_3821.jpeg

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

In Puerto Rico they included it as a flat fee and the car had a placard, otherwise it would have been a la carte, probably plus administrative colonoscopy surcharge...

Reactions: Mr Doof

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
wuz dumb, ya f**kz,
err!!!

F**Kin' stupid mofo'z!

pic below,
an older L.A.boy, he surfs pretty good, and will indeed, hit that last lip section, yew!
View attachment 171243

i saw it, thee next day.
The White Bentley.

hahahahaha!

pics below!
rw

View attachment 171238
+
driver:
View attachment 171240
+
fat boy,
View attachment 171241
I love this. We protect our own. :shaka: Fuck those guys.

Reactions: Subway

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That's just a disgrace. Stealing while driving a Bentley. I hate fashion police but slaps-n-socks and Jabba the ripoff artist? Those dudes make me look like a male model in Milan. Fkn chrst. RPG to the one dipshit's muffin top; .50 cal sniper round through the other's head.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
That's just a disgrace. Stealing while driving a Bentley. I hate fashion police but slaps-n-socks and Jabba the ripoff artist? Those dudes make me look like a male model in Milan. Fkn chrst. RPG to the one dipshit's muffin top; .50 cal sniper round through the other's head.
No guns!
1706217416616.jpeg
Stuff a treble hook up their culos and let them figure out how to remove it. Rusty is better.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
wuz dumb, ya f**kz,
err!!!

F**Kin' stupid mofo'z!

pic below,
View attachment 171243

i saw it, thee next day.
The White Bentley.

hahahahaha!

pics below!
rw

View attachment 171238
+
driver:
View attachment 171240
+
fat boy,
View attachment 171241
Pro tip: Upload the highest resolution image you have of their faces. Crop out everything except their face. Highest res possible for use with facial recognition software that some people on the interwebs have access to.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

LOL. Morons.

They'll get charged.
I was in Europe, probably 10 years ago, and this was standard.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Pro tip: Upload the highest resolution image you have of their faces. Crop out everything except their face. Highest res possible for use with facial recognition software that some people on the interwebs have access to.
See: Outlaw Archive/edgar saga on IG
Most entertaining thing I saw all year.

Reactions: r32

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’ve gotten it in the mail from some places. I believe the bb and gg are wired up to send it through a 3rd party that will charge a little extra on top of their troubles.

aside - a friend and I were traveling through Scandinavia and kept getting parking tickets (always google the symbols on on the street signs, lol) on our rental in one country that we never paid. never got anything in the mail, but haven’t tried to rent in that country since. this was about 15yrs ago

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
A co-worker got his $80,000 truck stolen from a free parking lot along the bay on Harbor Island Wednesday.