How’s the stock market?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Tesla just delivered a disastrous earnings report yet stock went up. The market seems completely divorced from reality.

Reactions: Chocki

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Tesla just delivered a disastrous earnings report yet stock went up. The market seems completely divorced from reality.
I just checked it out. Apparently Tesla said they're going to start making cheaper cars by 2025 and that's what caused the bump.

I do find it comical that "good" news for wages and jobs means prolonging a rate cut and this is somehow bad news. Like, I would personally have been very happy if, 2 years ago, someone from the future said there'd be no recession between now and 3.X% headline inflation.

Tesla is the Bitcoin of EVs, and the AI stocks are going to have some good runs because replacing all your humans with fixed cost machines that aren't required by law to get ripped off on health insurance is highly cost-effective.

Reactions: grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I just checked it out. Apparently Tesla said they're going to start making cheaper cars by 2025 and that's what caused the bump.

I do find it comical that "good" news for wages and jobs means prolonging a rate cut and this is somehow bad news. Like, I would personally have been very happy if, 2 years ago, someone from the future said there'd be no recession between now and 3.X% headline inflation.

Tesla is the Bitcoin of EVs, and the AI stocks are going to have some good runs because replacing all your humans with fixed cost machines that aren't required by law to get ripped off on health insurance is highly cost-effective.
What is Elon's record for kept promises?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What is Elon's record for kept promises?
Twitter and the Cybertruck are hunks of sh!t because he's an incompetent moron at anything other than the visionary/investor level.

But this is a vision/investor thing so if it's not bullshit and Tesla is able to execute, then we'll see.

Also I did not come across the self driving tech bit @CutnSnip mentioned in my very brief glance at this but that also sounds like a potential driver of increasing TSLA in the face of doodoo earnings.

Probably the doodoo earnings were baked in and good color commentary equals optimism.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Twitter and the Cybertruck are hunks of sh!t because he's an incompetent moron at anything other than the visionary/investor level.

But this is a vision/investor thing so if it's not bullshit and Tesla is able to execute, then we'll see.

Also I did not come across the self driving tech bit @CutnSnip mentioned in my very brief glance at this but that also sounds like a potential driver of increasing TSLA in the face of doodoo earnings.

Probably the doodoo earnings were baked in and good color commentary equals optimism.
wether it materializes or not, we shall see.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
i honestly think you would puke if you found out how much money ive made off Tesla since 2018. could care less about him and all the fud.. promise this, promise that, bankrupt a social media juggernaut for all i care. the checks have cleared.
Happy for anybody who made money on it, seems Elon's Hubris finally caught up with him.

Reactions: CutnSnip

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
apologies didnt mean to have a gbg moment there but this thread is sorta frustrating for me. seems like alot of people on this board just dont like money :shrug:
This thread is where the low-income, low-information, jobless, and witless trade stock tips my friend.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Did you all hear about the proposed 44% capital gains tax? What effect will that have?