How’s the stock market?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I sold a share of Amazon today.

I made a grand on it.

I said I would when it his 2600.

It's weird how you want to keep letting it ride when it's going up.

But I kept my word to myself.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I put a sell rule in place on TSLA and then it jumped 100 fkn dollars
after it passed that threshold

fk you, murphy's fkn law!

I'm still expecting a reset when q2 earnings reports start to pop....tempted
to buy some airlines, but still a little uneasy

I don't understand they they are rallying...you can't fkn fly anywhere right now!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I gotta make my annual contribution into my personal 401k. I should have done it two months ago when things seemingly bottomed out but I snoozed. Wondering what the best way to do it is. Drop all 19k into it now. Or wait and hedge my bets that things are gonna get worse. Or maybe split it up and do 9500 now and 9500 at the end of the year?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I gotta make my annual contribution into my personal 401k. I should have done it two months ago when things seemingly bottomed out but I snoozed. Wondering what the best way to do it is. Drop all 19k into it now. Or wait and hedge my bets that things are gonna get worse. Or maybe split it up and do 9500 now and 9500 at the end of the year?
Impossible to say for certain. The most boring But reliable approach is to simply trickle it in monthly (dollar cost averaging) over the course of the year. Boring is often good with investing.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you can't get it back out without friction later so only put in what you can definitely do without

....but always max out your annual

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Good thing some of you sold recently.
Kind of amusing how much impact a Fed rate move or non-move has vs unemployment numbers. Telling.

Also, the increase in cases. 5 days to symptoms plus protests = it's going to get worse.

I find it disturbing nobody wants to say that protesting with no mask, no hand washing, no social distancing, closely sharing spaces and yelling, is an absolutely horrendously bad idea.

I guess the one upside is it's early summer. Probably better to get everyone infected at the height of sunlight and warmth if it'll reduce the amount of people who get sick during winter, especially heading into Thanksgiving/Christmas when they might be more likely to be with elderly family members.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I find it disturbing nobody wants to say that protesting with no mask, no hand washing, no social distancing, closely sharing spaces and yelling, is an absolutely horrendously bad idea.
That's because you get called racist if you do.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I don't understand they they are rallying...you can't fkn fly anywhere right now!
Yeah, my sell rule is not really working.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's a bad idea.

I don't even care if I get it.

I'm worried about the society.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Start buying now.

Partial deployment of your cash. Maybe 5 grand.

Then wait. If it falls further buy the same stuff at an even lower price and dollar cost average.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

As of right now, down $38 at $986. Maybe a few days from now, you can buy under your sale price? Or not. The important thing is you sold and got a win?

Edit:
If we're all up, is that a sell signal?
The er'BB as contrarian signal for the win!

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA

did you set a stop sell order? don't do that. algos hunt for those. use a mental stop next time.

Reactions: GWS_2

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
did you set a stop sell order? don't do that. algos hunt for those. use a mental stop next time.
Yep, algo bots literally hunt to liquidate stop losses. It's brutal game of smart whales vs. retail