How’s the stock market?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
well gnrc definitely looks like it's popped its cherry.
vibe and a bong rip for your life savings is pretty gnarballs.
I tried so hard to not consecutive post and deleted that response by accident. (GNRC, URI, YETI)
Dad/r32 is gonna be pissed now but whatever.
Bought GNRC after a convo about the popularity of home generators. A bong rip and some research into who makes home generators and is publicly traded and I’m up 43% as of today with them. Im keeping an eye on it with no plans to sell (Zacks has it at a 2 buy rating).

Reactions: r32

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I just link to stuff like that to prove I’m right Lol. They’ve been on my radar for a long time b/c of their CIA roots.
I love how Karp is a hypocritical capitalist sociopath at heart just like me.
I get it I get it. Let me peel back the curtain a bit more for you. Technical marketing works primarily through flattery and manipulation of non-technical people. Non-technical people think that by reading an article about some aspect of tech, they're "in" with higher IQ people a standard deviation or more above the average. Once they believe this, they're easily manipulated into giving the company about which the article is written money.

All mainstream technical journalism is marketing paid-for by tech companies behind the scenes.

I don't have time to go into all the CIA failures over the past decades to prove its ineptitude and likely the ineptitude of any of its contractors. I will say that while we may have used this tech to find Bin Laden, we've lost the war against his organization and the Taliban. We have all the tech; they have all the time.
EDIT: lol at that second article. The AI scam has come and gone every decade since Shannon invented information theory, confirming my points above. AI winter is upon us again:

Search "AI winter" and see what you can dig-up.

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I get it I get it. Let me peel back the curtain a bit more for you. Technical marketing works primarily through flattery and manipulation of non-technical people. Non-technical people think that by reading an article about some aspect of tech, they're "in" with higher IQ people a standard deviation or more above the average. Once they believe this, they're easily manipulated into giving the company about which the article is written money.

All mainstream technical journalism is marketing paid-for by tech companies behind the scenes.

I don't have time to go into all the CIA failures over the past decades to prove its ineptitude and likely the ineptitude of any of its contractors. I will say that while we may have used this tech to find Bin Laden, we've lost the war against his organization and the Taliban. We have all the tech; they have all the time.
IMO Palantir tech will over time be integrated into every aspect of modern life since they rule at data IMO making them and me over the long run a fuckload of money. The stock hasn’t gotten cheaper since the initial offering.

I’ve posted this before but whatever its an interesting look at Palantir tech at work

1622783623241.jpeg

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’ve posted this before but whatever its an interesting look at Palantir tech at work

And here is the result:
It did absolutely nothing to stop the Taliban from re-conquering the country. I've watched overhyped defense technologies for decades, Chocki. You could say that the Taliban easily outwitted Sideshow Bob's data mining software contraption.

I'll tell you what. No one is going to pull the wool over your eyes. You ride that stock right into the sun.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
And here is the result:
It did absolutely nothing to stop the Taliban from re-conquering the country. I've watched overhyped defense technologies for decades, Chocki. You could say that the Taliban easily outwitted Sideshow Bob's data mining software contraption.

I'll tell you what. No one is going to pull the wool over your eyes. You ride that stock right into the sun.
“Naturally, Palantir’s services can be applied to the private sector to a nearly unlimited degree. Whether it’s for loss prevention at a department store, “moneyball” scouting for a major league ball team, or laser-focused marketing, this company’s industry-dominating data analysis is indispensable. Most recently, the company’s progress on the enterprise front has involved the development of a significant partnership with Airbus and forays into the automotive and pharmaceutical markets.”

I’ve bet big on Palantir with the full knowledge that it’s not a sure thing, but my gut feeling is I’m going to be right in the end.

FWIW Over the past 365 my portfolio is up 81.99% vs the SP 500’s 34.36%

I based my dank strategy off reading this book until it got too complicated for me to understand (roughly 1/2 way lol) https://www.amazon.com/Second-Grader-Beats-Wall-Street/dp/0470919035

1622786135350.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: racer1

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
AI is still by humans at the end of the day; straight trash
Not entirely correct.

"Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence engine after developers discovered that the AI had created its own unique language that humans can’t understand."

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

EDIT: lol at that second article. The AI scam has come and gone every decade since Shannon invented information theory, confirming my points above. AI winter is upon us again:

Search "AI winter" and see what you can dig-up.
My little dick just got even harder for PLTR lol

Me when anyone dares to badmouth them
1622812414704.gif

Last edited:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
i told my friend to buy pltr a while back and hes only seen it lose a bit but i have faith in longterm. Gov contracts

Got 5 shares of NIO last week at 37. wanted it at 34 but had to wait for pre approval from work.
One bad thing about working in finance, ever since one dude started trading risky options and going mental we have all these stricter rules. We have to hold for 30 days minimum now.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Not entirely correct.

"Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence engine after developers discovered that the AI had created its own unique language that humans can’t understand."

The author starts off with an appeal to Stephen Hawking's authority on the dangers of AI then launches into a harrowing tale about how Facebook bots nearly went SkyNet. I have some dumb follow-up questions about that article. If FB didn't understand what the bots were saying, how do they know that the bots were communicating instead of sending patterns of meaningless ASCII strings? Did they run montecarlo simulations on the bots to determine that these strings were actually messages that bots responded to with different behaviors?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My little dick just got even harder for PLTR lol
The key to IPO success in this arena is as follows. Create a press release about your AI vaporware as above. Use photos of yourself with a perm dressed up like a dandy in the pensive "Einstein seated" pose:
1622818230232.png

Collect VC money by playing bottom for Peter Thiel. Finally, launch your IPO.

If I do the above, Chocki, will you invest?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The key to IPO success in this arena is as follows. Create a press release about your AI vaporware as above. Use photos of yourself with a perm dressed up like a dandy in the pensive "Einstein seated" pose:
View attachment 110726

Collect VC money by playing bottom for Peter Thiel. Finally, launch your IPO.

If I do the above, Chocki, will you invest?
You’ve convinced me. I’m going to liquidate my PLTR holdings and instead invest in meme stocks and coins. That and this guys company. YOLO

1622818800227.jpeg

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The author starts off with an appeal to Stephen Hawking's authority on the dangers of AI then launches into a harrowing tale about how Facebook bots nearly went SkyNet. I have some dumb follow-up questions about that article. If FB didn't understand what the bots were saying, how do they know that the bots were communicating instead of sending patterns of meaningless ASCII strings? Did they run montecarlo simulations on the bots to determine that these strings were actually messages that bots responded to with different behaviors?
Or if the story was true, wouldn’t the NSA or some other 3 letter agency want to scoop it up?

Reactions: PRCD

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
i told my friend to buy pltr a while back and hes only seen it lose a bit but i have faith in longterm. Gov contracts

Got 5 shares of NIO last week at 37. wanted it at 34 but had to wait for pre approval from work.
One bad thing about working in finance, ever since one dude started trading risky options and going mental we have all these stricter rules. We have to hold for 30 days minimum now.
ASAN and SNOW are also dank imo.
GNRC closed up another 3.48% on the day.
PLTR up 1.69%
As for trading don’t believe in it/wouldn’t buy a stock that I wasn’t going to hold for at least 6 mos.
I plan on keeping my PLTR for a longggggg time

Reactions: Waterlogged05

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
6mil is when you get stress free? I could do it with 1.5mil....if you can budget correctly and most likely be debt free going into retirement...your investments make you 15k per year and if you spent another 15k of principle for your yearly budget it would take you 159 years to eat through the 1.5mil....I think I could live off 30k per year if I’m debt free with house paid off...I’m just 1.2mil short, anyone wanna give me some side cash to see if this experiment will work?

Everyone agreeing that it takes being a literal millionaire to retire without stress. Yeah, that inflation is gonna be a beotch one of these days...

Reactions: Northern_Shores

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Rolled my entire crypto stack into BB this morning. All in at 14.51 so not quite bottom but good enough. Moving stop-loss up chasing the price.

Felt like a dirty banker moving my funds around this morning. :computer: