How’s the stock market?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Did some gnarly bong tokes a while back and realized even though I would never buy anything they made (I’m an RTIC guy) because it’s overpriced IMO that wasn’t stopping a fuckton of other people so based more or less off just that bought some YETI stock.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
GME, AMC, BB, pumping today. CLOV getting short squeezed for big pumpage.

BB might be setting up for a push later this week. Looks to be building a nice little base around the 16/17 mark. :computer:

Reactions: stringcheese

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
GME, AMC, BB, pumping today. CLOV getting short squeezed for big pumpage.

BB might be setting up for a push later this week. Looks to be building a nice little base around the 16/17 mark. :computer:
So are meme stocks all about the charts?
Because it seems an awful lot like gambling to me.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So are meme stocks all about the charts?
Because it seems an awful lot like gambling to me.
Charts + sentiment.

Charts = where is support? what is volume doing? any outside factors like massive shorts open, news, etc.?

Sentiment = are WSB and other online groups talking about it? How many likes are the top posts getting regarding the stock? Is it trending on twitter for stocks?

Factor in bs 'expert' articles like this one on CLOV posted yesterday and I'll take a serious look at getting in. Fvck the 'experts'. The investment game has changed.

Notice CLOV on the list

In my lifetime, there have been four opportunities to create major wealth.

1. In the 90s, when I was in college, the internet was just getting going. Instead of dropping out to create an online startup or tech company, I stayed in school because that's what I was brainwashed into growing up. Big missed opportunity.

2. Late 90s, I could have invested into any of the big companies like Google, Amazon, etc. but didn't. I was still in college mode chasing girls and waves instead of thinking about the future. Had little money to invest. Big missed opportunity.

3. In the 2000's, anyone who owned real estate made massive equity. I didn't own any at the time, and missed on huge opportunity to build equity and make big money. Instead, I had my money wrapped up in crap like 401k and mutual funds and made no more than 10%/year average. Similarly, when the market crashed, it was the best buyers market since I was a baby. I could have scooped up a home or two inland, turned them into rentals, etc. But I was too busy with my job to have energy to think about making it happen. Big missed opportunity.

4. Crypto and stocks now. I have been on this like salt in the sea and I am milking the markets for every penny. Shooting to retire relatively early when I reach 50. Opportunity seized like a mutha fvcking orca.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
There is a shtload of posts about BB on WSB.
All the more reason to avoid it like the fucking plague lol.

That and the fact that all it takes to tank it overnight is that creepy nerd grifter tweeting how it sucks lol.

I will stick to what has worked for me because more than anything else I’m fucking lazy and I’m way up over the past 365.

What’s this company do?
They make graphics chips for gamer nerd’s computers.
There’s a fuckton of gamer nerds out there.
Buys NVDA and doubles initial investment.

That and I like to sleep well at night.

But if it works for you...

Last edited:

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Options volume on $BBIG has been nuts. Interesting merger with Lomotif app, a tik-tok type thing apparently. Low floater, with tons of volume and hype. I've been banking on options and shares. I think there is a lot more in the tank on this one, but be weary. Gamma squeezer....

Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
It's 100% gambling. It's a virtual poker table now.
For some it might feel that way and that is understandable, but it's not a 100% gambling. It's a complex game. There are important factors at play especially when it comes to heavily shorted stocks. Despite what many think, the WSB crew tends to perform due diligence on stocks before those stocks turn into memes.

On another note, going to be interesting to see what happens to price of COIN (Coinbase, Inc.) as Bitcoin is rocketing back to earth and breaking apart upon reentry.

Many 'experts' have said the price of Coinbase's stock would be tied directly to how the crypto market does, since almost all of their revenue is tied to trading fees. But I know Coinbase is looking to greatly expand the services they offer, and they are heavily invested in many different blockchain-related business startups. Things are getting savory.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
It's 100% gambling. It's a virtual poker table now.

I'm glad so many people feel like this. If everyone understood the potential of the game as it is being played now, it wouldn't last long. Be afraid, be very afraid. Also, don't surf, sharks will eat you!

Reactions: r32