Home improvement - where to start?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Eek
my wife still wants to redo the kitchen
For the amount of cooking mrs random does, she needed a big modern kitchen decades ago. A few brushed nickel pulls ain’t gonna cut it

:)

PS @Hardeaux is here you should come surf overhead blown out close outs with us in the morning. Or if it’s really an un surfable fluster cuck we’ll get breakfast on the boardwalk and watch the chaos

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
For the amount of cooking mrs random does, she needed a big modern kitchen decades ago. A few brushed nickel pulls ain’t gonna cut it

:)

PS @Hardeaux is here you should come surf overhead blown out close outs with us in the morning. Or if it’s really an un surfable fluster cuck we’ll get breakfast on the boardwalk and watch the chaos
Damnit
how long is he there for?
im in detroit

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Will be surfing your hood all day thursday Subway.. maybe I will catch you at the counter at Bobs natural in between sessions.

Reactions: Subway

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Any updates? Anyone start anything new this summer?

@keenfish townhouse done?
@ElOgro power still on?
@casa_mugrienta did the paint ever dry?
It was done enough to move in. Still plenty of little stuff to correct but the majority is done and turned out very nice. Well, good enough for the girls I go out with. :)

Sorry for my lack of updates. I will remedy that. I have a short vid I will share just to give a glimpse of the work.

Will try to post some pics this weekend also.

It was a big job. I didn't realize what a big deal it was until they demo'd the place. It was a complete redo.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
It was done enough to move in. Still plenty of little stuff to correct but the majority is done and turned out very nice. Well, good enough for the girls I go out with. :)

Sorry for my lack of updates. I will remedy that. I have a short vid I will share just to give a glimpse of the work.

Will try to post some pics this weekend also.

It was a big job. I didn't realize what a big deal it was until they demo'd the place. It was a complete redo.
First day in and this is just a glimpse. Wish I had the before shots for comparison but turned out pretty good.

Narrow in the mid floor but the upper with the bedrooms is wider and the master bath and shower that looked like stir fried sh!t is now my pride and joy. I'll post that next once I get the vid loaded.

Well it wouldn't let me embed for some reason. Maybe youtube is still reviewing before it can be published?

Here's the link not sure it will work.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
It looks nice @keenfish :shaka:

Curious how that shower/tub with the arched window turned out.

I scrolled back to find the 1st floor before pic to compare to the video.

Awesome! Thank you for reposting this. I was trippin' when I saw this.

The arch got cut out and turned out perfect. The oval molded tub thing turned into a Roman Shower. It's so much better. Night and day. Big improvement.

I'll get some shots and post them. Thanks! :shaka:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
As a small follow up to the "sanitary line repair" I did, we ended up using some of the compost from the backyard when putting in all the plants we had taken out.

Now have about 15 volunteer tomato plants growing next to the replanted succulents and lantana.

Plan is to transplant them and give them away.

Oh, one more cost to add in: $71.26 to legally dispose the broken up driveway concrete. "Construction waste" is not allowed for my 1 or 2 free 'home big trash' haul aways and is charged a pretty penny at the local transfer station.

I'd add it all up, but am too lazy.

Update.

Just before I did the backfilling:

1693414895002.png

A week or two back, the tomato plants we left in the ground went bonkers.

1693414834030.png

PS
Last weekend, repainted the entire driveway.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
We finished our front yard driveway and landscaping. That was a pretty big project and we are stoked on how it turned out. We still need get boxes ready to plant a fall garden. At this point I'm getting tired of non-stop weekend projects, so I may just go with galvanized livestock troughs.
The circuit board in our beloved $500.00 Craigslist 6 burner Dacor Pro range bit the dust. Unfortunately, they stopped making these boards when Samsung bought them out. We were heart broken but it's not the end of the world, my wife's having a good year $$$ wise so we dropped some coin on a new Thermador 4 burner dual fuel range and Bosch fridge to replace the absolute POS Samsung fridge that conveyed with the house when we bought it. To make up the gap going from a 48" to a 30" range we also bought two new cabinet boxes with cool pull pullouts for cookie sheets, utensils, etc... I'll top them with butcherblock to match the box that was already next to the range being replaced.
We also redid the brick patio in the back yard and we are also doing a patio cover over it but have only put in post footings so far. Final design it TBD.
Every weekend it seems we are doing something to the place.... :bricks:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Will be surfing your hood all day thursday Subway.. maybe I will catch you at the counter at Bobs natural in between sessions.
I'm eyeballing a late morning dropping tide session i think. Work a couple hours early, then head off to find good jetty for a few hours. wind will be straight offshore all day long it seems :jamon:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
We finished our front yard driveway and landscaping. That was a pretty big project and we are stoked on how it turned out. We still need get boxes ready to plant a fall garden. At this point I'm getting tired of non-stop weekend projects, so I may just go with galvanized livestock troughs.
The circuit board in our beloved $500.00 Craigslist 6 burner Dacor Pro range bit the dust. Unfortunately, they stopped making these boards when Samsung bought them out. We were heart broken but it's not the end of the world, my wife's having a good year $$$ wise so we dropped some coin on a new Thermador 4 burner dual fuel range and Bosch fridge to replace the absolute POS Samsung fridge that conveyed with the house when we bought it. To make up the gap going from a 48" to a 30" range we also bought two new cabinet boxes with cool pull pullouts for cookie sheets, utensils, etc... I'll top them with butcherblock to match the box that was already next to the range being replaced.
We also redid the brick patio in the back yard and we are also doing a patio cover over it but have only put in post footings so far. Final design it TBD.
Every weekend it seems we are doing something to the place.... :bricks:
New range arrived on Friday. Installed range and boxes on Saturday and the countertops on Sunday. Came out pretty good for a weekend DIY job. All I need to do know is tack in the toe kicks to match the boxes next Sunday and I'm done.
1695160263926.png