Home improvement - where to start?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's dark blue, matching our vanity.

I did not know it was a gay color but makes sense cause I like sucking cock and fucking guys in the ass.

Can I suck your cock?
If fecalface didn’t want you what makes you think he does?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Anyone do the garden/landscaping light research and got some recs?

LEDs seem to have really blown up the space and everyone is repackaging generic made in China junk.

Looking to add to my existing system which has plenty of capacity in the transformer (dual 300w supply).

Anyone got recs for which brands or if they’re all the same rebranded made in China stuff like most other LED options?

Home Depot is really pushing Hampton Bay…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Anyone do the garden/landscaping light research and got some recs?

LEDs seem to have really blown up the space and everyone is repackaging generic made in China junk.

Looking to add to my existing system which has plenty of capacity in the transformer (dual 300w supply).

Anyone got recs for which brands or if they’re all the same rebranded made in China stuff like most other LED options?

Home Depot is really pushing Hampton Bay…
Why bother with wires? Plenty of solar options.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Why bother with wires? Plenty of solar options.
I’m already wired up - seemed retrofitting to LED as the halogens fail is the simple path forward as opposed to replacing with solar and trying to get the little panel enough sun.

i considered a few spots where solar could be convenient, but then quickly discovered the routing of my wires covers the area and the wattage of my transformer is sufficient to add lights especially if I swap 1 or 2 of the big ones to LED.

is solar really better? The panels look so 00’s made in China ick. I see lots of them not working in my neighbors yards.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
As a small follow up to the "sanitary line repair" I did, we ended up using some of the compost from the backyard when putting in all the plants we had taken out.

Now have about 15 volunteer tomato plants growing next to the replanted succulents and lantana.

Plan is to transplant them and give them away.

Oh, one more cost to add in: $71.26 to legally dispose the broken up driveway concrete. "Construction waste" is not allowed for my 1 or 2 free 'home big trash' haul aways and is charged a pretty penny at the local transfer station.

I'd add it all up, but am too lazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElOgro

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Wired is so much better in the long run. Solar landscaping lights suck. They fail after a couple of years and the PV cells look trashy on all but the canopy lights.
Switch out your halogens for LED as needed or all at once if you have the budget. I think the brand we went with was Volt. I will check this evening.
That’s a shame. I thought they’d improved.
This type of wired light gives it plenty, you can surely find something better and less expensive up there.
IMG_5906.jpeg
Placement is key…

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
6 weeks in on my remodel now and about 1 more to go.

This turned out to be a way bigger project than I ever imagined. :drowning:

Going to be all brand new when finished though so worth it in the long run.
Pictures or it’s not happening.:computer:

Reactions: keenfish

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Put the kiddo to work cleaning the zero turn while I sharpened the blades and power washed the mower deck, lubed, reinstalled. Done 'til the fall. Garage is a mess with the changeover in travel trailers. Who am I kidding, my garage is always mid-project for something.
IMG_4948.jpeg

We opted to pay the pros to install a new deer fence around the garden area. After having a double hernia surgery last fall, I didn't feel like repeating the procedure any time soon. This pic is mid project, posts being set. Thank Gawd we outsourced that. It took two pros two full days of work, would have taken me a month!
IMG_4919.jpeg

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Wired is so much better in the long run. Solar landscaping lights suck. They fail after a couple of years and the PV cells look trashy on all but the canopy lights.
Switch out your halogens for LED as needed or all at once if you have the budget. I think the brand we went with was Volt. I will check this evening.
Confirmed they are Volt. Made in China like all the others....

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Confirmed they are Volt. Made in China like all the others....
Thanks! They have interesting form factor options and their website info is decently useful when picking which pieces for where.

Planning to buy a $40 Hampton Bay piece from Home Depot to test the waters. I have so many lights that will eventually replace that I can grab a couple different brands and see which seem to be the best quality.

I really like a well done lighting scheme but I am no visionary with how to get there.