Help! What do I do?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
My dad is a dorky paddle boarder. He was all in on rinse kits but hes gone through three on warranty. The bladder always breaks down or rips, so eventually he just made his own and is much happier. so what I’m saying is use it a few times and it’ll break then theres No hard feelings when you toss it.

Reactions: jkb

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ok real talk time. JKB, I care deeply about you so I don't want to you to screw this up.

You have to be brutally honest with her. Honesty is the foundation on which trust is built. She deserves to know how much you hate her gift.

Unrelated, how many wife tears do you guys think it takes to fill a RinseKit?

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
It's obviously not cold where you surf. I'd welcome a warmish rinse after a surf when the air temp is 30s.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
My wife got me this a few years ago.

Its still in the garage.

The garage is the place where things go to disappear.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
My wife saw one in a window somewhere and asked if I would want one too.

Is it more core if you just get an insecticide sprayer from Home DEpot?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

ideal for pest control?

hmmm will it kill my followers?

• Haha

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I just thank the sweet lord baby jesus that I saw the box before she had a chance to wrap it and surprise me. I can only imagine the look on my face and the snide comments I would blurt out impulsively while opening it in front of her. Thankfully I had some time to compose my thoughts.

I told her thank you very much for the thoughtful gift and that I think it will be perfect for camping trips and beach days with the kids, as mentioned here already (thank you for the advice!).

Then she asks the dreaded question........"What about for surfing?"

Gulp.

"Um, I hadn't really considered it for surfing. [Playing dumb] Can you use it for that?"

"Yeah I saw someone using one at so and so. It looked really convenient."

"Hmmm. I've just always used a laundry soap bottle to rinse off. I guess I'll give this a shot. Thanks!"

So she was really excited and helped me set it up.

Sometimes you have to swallow your pride for the greater good. I couldn't sh!t all over it in this scenario as much as I wanted to.

However, I realize that I'm now opening myself up to more gifts like reef booties, turtle necked rash guards, webbed gloves, sawhorses, bucket hats, ect.... :drowning: In a few short years, I'll be quite the sight. I would even burn me.
:ROFLMAO:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

just dont buy one of those used

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I just thank the sweet lord baby jesus that I saw the box before she had a chance to wrap it and surprise me. I can only imagine the look on my face and the snide comments I would blurt out impulsively while opening it in front of her. Thankfully I had some time to compose my thoughts.

I told her thank you very much for the thoughtful gift and that I think it will be perfect for camping trips and beach days with the kids, as mentioned here already (thank you for the advice!).

Then she asks the dreaded question........"What about for surfing?"

Gulp.

"Um, I hadn't really considered it for surfing. [Playing dumb] Can you use it for that?"

"Yeah I saw someone using one at so and so. It looked really convenient."

"Hmmm. I've just always used a laundry soap bottle to rinse off. I guess I'll give this a shot. Thanks!"

So she was really excited and helped me set it up.

Sometimes you have to swallow your pride for the greater good. I couldn't sh!t all over it in this scenario as much as I wanted to.

However, I realize that I'm now opening myself up to more gifts like reef booties, turtle necked rash guards, webbed gloves, sawhorses, bucket hats, ect.... :drowning: In a few short years, I'll be quite the sight. I would even burn me.
:ROFLMAO:
u need a coffee tumbler to go with those sawhorses

• Haha

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
You have officially fallen victim to the main stream, trendy, side of surfing. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: npsp

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Fill it with tequila immediately upon opening the box. Drink liberally.

Don't feel too bad. My wife meant well, got me a pair of snowboard pants a few birthdays ago. Slick-fabric suspender pants. With tiny pockets. Just no. But I humored her. Losing my wallet off the lift when zipper slowly eased open helped my argument against them. Still using the old Bonfire pants from 12 years ago which are barely held together by duct tape.

She did get me a solid XM leash (the comp leashes won't fly up here) though for this XMas - I intercepted the Amazon package. :monkey:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
You don't really understand how good a warm rinse off feels after a cold dawn patrol until you start doing it regularly. Use the thing. It's nice. You can sell it to your friends as a water conservation angle. I go through a gallon of water just pouring it over myself like an animal. But I can use my camp shower attachment and spray off myself and 2 kids with water left over for my wife's feet with a gallon and a half.

They're also great for having "running water" when camping. (washing dishes, hands, etc) Amazing for spraying off kids who've been rolling in the sand all day and look like a churro.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
You don't really understand how good a warm rinse off feels after a cold dawn patrol until you start doing it regularly. Use the thing. It's nice.
I have actually deprived myself of the warm water rinse forever because I'm afraid I'll get used to it I'll start making excuses like "it's cold and I don't have warm rinse water today, so I'm not going to paddle out."

I was trying to avoid going down that road.

In the end, I don't have to use it or even warm the water for that matter. It could just sit in my car in perpetuity.

I'll have to invest in @sushipop's crochet cover so no one actually sees it with me :ROFLMAO: