Help! What do I do?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The wife tells me my Christmas present will be here soon. She’s very excited about this particular gift for some reason. Package is dropped off today and this is what’s delivered:

I’m shocked and horrified. I’m thinking “what the fvck do I do?” Do I tell her I’m just not into it? She’ll be crushed and claim that I'm impossible to shop for and dont like any of the gifts she gives me. This will go on for weeks.

Do I put on a happy face and tell her I love it, only to loose all street cred at my local with one warm, glorious rinsing?

If I do let this slide, what’s next? A goddamn changing poncho? :cursing: Fvck no! A bro has his limits.

Do I just accept the inevitable truth that if I start using this thing i will eventually start sleeping with men?

I’m so conflicted. I need the collective wisdom of the erBB to guide me through these murky waters.

littlewave

Michael Peterson status
Nov 15, 2009
Orange County
Are you 14? No? Then quit worrying about what others think and enjoy the sh!t out of a warm rinse after you surf while making your wife happy and your marriage easier. We had one shortly (godsend for cleaning off cold kids). It was pure ecstasy, until it broke. I’d take one as a gift in a heartbeat...hmmmm, I’ll pm you my address.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
The wife tells me my Christmas present will be here soon. She’s very excited about this particular gift for some reason. Package is dropped off today and this is what’s delivered:

I’m shocked and horrified. I’m thinking “what the fvvk do I do?” Do I tell her I’m just not into it? She’ll be crushed and claim that I'm impossible to shop for and dont like any of the gifts she gives me. This will go on for weeks.

Do I put on a happy face and tell her I love it, only to loose all street cred at my local with one warm, glorious rinsing?

If I do let this slide, what’s next? A goddamn changing poncho? :cursing: fvvk no! A bro has his limits.

Do I just accept the inevitable truth that if I start using this thing i will eventually start sleeping with men?

I’m so conflicted. I need the collective wisdom of the erBB to guide me through these murky waters.
hundred bucks? bash the tail of a board you hate a few days before Christmas....act liek it was yuor favorite board....perfect excuse to return the thing....you've got a greater need (funds for new stick)...that....or act like you blew a fin....make a stink so that she knows you NEED new fins.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
this is weird. my gf and I were talking this morning before work and she was complaining that I was hard to shop for. she said she was planning to get me a rinse kit but she'd kind of hinted at it a while back and I'd made a snarky joke about how lame they were. i don't remember the conversation but it 100% sounds like me. anyways, I think it hurt her feelings a little at the time but this morning I explained how the rinse kit represents more than just a post session rinse device. it represents a failure of manhood, a lack of dignity and an ultimate betrayal of core surfer values.

long story short I think she's getting me a 2nd changing poncho because she says my current one smells like ass.

dignity maintained.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
Just keep it you can always use it camping. I'm old and wear sandals or crocs to go surf one spot. Got tired of scrubbing my feet off in the shower from the dirty asphalt. Funny thing is somebody jacked my crocs one day.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
theres occasional guy. retired large animal vet...

got his horse enema/heifer douche kit still mounted up in his rig.

fn things like 30 gallons piped into the trucks heater core. got an electric pressure pump. soap on rope. all sorts of crazy chit

guy cant surf for beans but could priolly make bank hosing off sandy randos in the lot

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
What's the problem? I thought surfers were independent and free spirits that would never care what others think.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
ahahaha! This is how I ended up with a changing poncho a couple years ago. I'm so particular about my gear that I'm also "hard to shop for". She was so proud of herself I just couldn't say anything. Then I begrudgingly used it for a chilly winter morning surf, and... it was so cozy that fell in love with her all over again!

Don't say anything. Roll with it. At the very least, just keep the Rinsekit in your car.
Happy wife, happy life, etc, etc.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Just keep it you can always use it camping. I'm old and wear sandals or crocs to go surf one spot. Got tired of scrubbing my feet off in the shower from the dirty asphalt. Funny thing is somebody jacked my crocs one day.
The inhumanity.
The deplorable probably needed them more than you.
LOL, or more likely had a "WTH" moment and tossed em into the dustbin.