Hawaii- Done

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Anyone ever put a carport like this in?

Figured I could just pour a slab and have them put it. But I know nothing.
Contractor / competent carpenter. Time and materials costs ... plus helpers for cement work. 2 people to frame out for cement / and for carport installment depending on your choice of carport. Size & dimensions to consider.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I didn’t get one for mine, but no one on my street is calling the inspector.
This is the vibe in Lahaina. Because the old guys in my cul de sac like me I've never asked permission for any of the driveway expansion or remodeling I've done. Nothing I've done has any negative effect on them or their property (views, etc).

Edit: I'm obsessive about not street parking. I think the previous owner street parked a vehicle or two. I widened my driveway as soon as I moved in so my housemates and I don't have any street parked vehicles. Neighbors appreciate that. Street parking should be for when friends come over.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
This is the vibe in Lahaina. Because the old guys in my cul de sac like me I've never asked permission for any of the driveway expansion or remodeling I've done. Nothing I've done has any negative affect on them or their property (views, etc).

Edit: I'm obsessive about not street parking. I think the previous owner street parked a vehicle or two. I widened my driveway as soon as I moved in so my housemates and I don't have any street parked vehicles. Neighbors appreciate that. Street parking should be for when friends come over.
That’s exactly it. Street parking should be for your friends. Not tenants or residents of the addresss.

i have an Ohana unit on my house and wouldn’t even consider renting it if I didn’t have enough parking.

Street parking can make neighborhoods look awful. Some of the high density ones in town look terrible with cars all over the streets

Reactions: youcantbeserious

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Anyone ever pour some concrete in their yard to make a bigger driveway?

do I need a permit for that?

if I wanted a carport- do I need a permit for that?
I asked Gregg Nakamura about this. He’s a civil engineer. Said yes you need a permit. Anything going into the ground and supporting a structure needs a permit and engineering stamp.

unclebraddah

Gerry Lopez status
May 2, 2005

hope they're doing their due diligence
Nah deesFaka when buy sum Hale in allHawaiian protectoriate wit intention to make his mach and turn heis place into oneTemprarily Vacashun Rentals. Fak him Man. He wen deserveda beating he wen get. You no move into Kahakaloa fucking Haole! Shoulda wen asks sombody li dat. Da locals protecteeng der one last vestagezis of Hawaiian life and culchar wit out being put on one reservation li dat. Dies place get no cell service. No cable. No fcukeen Haoles. No fuckeen TVR's. Fak dat guy!

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Nah deesFaka when buy sum Hale in allHawaiian protectoriate wit intention to make his mach and turn heis place into oneTemprarily Vacashun Rentals. Fak him Man. He wen deserveda beating he wen get. You no move into Kahakaloa fucking Haole! Shoulda wen asks sombody li dat. Da locals protecteeng der one last vestagezis of Hawaiian life and culchar wit out being put on one reservation li dat. Dies place get no cell service. No cable. No fcukeen Haoles. No fuckeen TVR's. Fak dat guy!
For real though. anyone with half a brain knows the guy is a moron for buying a place and trying to move in.

I always like the people who only see life in black and white and constantly repeat “well he wasnt breaking the law to move there”

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
yep, there are some Hawaiian who are violently racist, sounds very much like what happens often to black people especially in the rural south.
Not even close. How you can compare violence upon ex-s;laves to violence upon the ex-slavers. They difference is the Whites stole all their land. Backed them into this Valley. Did the Blacks steal all the Whites land? Push them back into a corner? Not a very interesting comparison now is it? An ignorant one yes.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Not even close. How you can compare violence upon ex-s;laves to violence upon the ex-slavers. They difference is the Whites stole all their land. Backed them into this Valley. Did the Blacks steal all the Whites land? Push them back into a corner? Not a very interesting comparison now is it? An ignorant one yes.
I am loving your profile pic

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I'm not really trying to go in depth or justify violent racism. Just saying if you're a black in the south trying to move to the "wrong side of the tracks" the same thing will happen as if you are a haole moving into the wrong valley.. It's wrong both ways.
I would put it more like You're an intruder moving into a sacred box canyon for fun and profit and the indians don't want you there.

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
I would put it more like You're an intruder moving into a sacred box canyon for fun and profit and the indians don't want you there.
Basically, unless one can trace their descendants to being citizens of the Kingdom of Hawaii prior to January 17, 1893, and own land or a house in Hawaii, you are a transplant and living on stolen lands.

Reactions: PPK96754

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Came back from a 3 weeks on Kauai and spent a few more week in maui/kauai in January. I was surprised how rude many of the white tourists are. If I was a local I'd be fed up with that sh!t lol