Hamas

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I thought Bibi was all about security? Or does he just talk tough.
My guess is that they knew this was coming and let it happen.

That being said I wouldn’t trust what Egypt says, they are currently in a declared war against Israel.

Reactions: PRCD

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Have we not figured out the terrorist tactic of drawing superpowers into long drawn out unconventional conflict? The mujahideen did it. Al Qeuda did it. ISIS did it. And now Hamas is doing it. They expect and want an over reaction and they’re most certainly gonna get it.
Except that Hamas is the keystone cops in comparison.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
All after Israel warned civilians to flee despite there being nowhere to go and supply lines for food, water and diesel being cut off. Keep in mind the European Union called it a war crime when Putin cut off supply lines to Ukraine.
You’re starting to get it.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
My guess is that they knew this was coming and let it happen.

That being said I wouldn’t trust what Egypt says, they are currently in a declared war against Israel.
Doesn’t change the fact that it happened on his watch.

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I have a cousin Gerry who went full on super Orthodox Jew at some point in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Nobody in my family was like that. We were all liberal New York reform Jews. The kind who cheated at the diner when we were supposed to be fasting on Yom Kippur. I never liked him, always thought he was lame and he pissed me off when he hijacked my grandfathers funeral and brought his own super orthodox rabbi to show off how much more Jewish he was than the rest of us. I haven’t seen him in years but just found out all three of his sons who I’ve only met a couple time enlisted in the IDF and just shipped off to Israel.

My GF also had two coworkers who are reservists who just got called up to fight. Lots of Americans are gonna be over there in combat.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I have a cousin Gerry who went full on super Orthodox Jew at some point in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Nobody in my family was like that. We were all liberal New York reform Jews. The kind who cheated at the diner when we were supposed to be fasting on Yom Kippur. I never liked him, always thought he was lame and he pissed me off when he hijacked my grandfathers funeral and brought his own super orthodox rabbi to show off how much more Jewish he was than the rest of us. I haven’t seen him in years but just found out all three of his sons who I’ve only met a couple time enlisted in the IDF and just shipped off to Israel.

My GF also had two coworkers who are reservists who just got called up to fight. Lots of Americans are gonna be over there in combat.
Is there any little piece of you, that if younger and healthy, would consider going?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
obviously the date of aHanas’Deadly attack had some significance.

PAUL R. PILLAR
OCT 05, 2023

Fifty years ago this week, Egypt attacked Israeli forces in the Israeli-occupied Sinai, with a simultaneous Syrian attack in the occupied Golan Heights, to begin what became known as the Yom Kippur War. The war and its diplomatic aftermath both exhibited and cemented some ways of viewing the U.S. role in the Middle East that are reflected in policy issues today.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Guys we are living in a time of extreme polarization and groups with power are using this to their advantage.

I believe polarization is the essence of this third dimensional realm. Light/dark, positive negative, good/bad, etc.

In this situation, there is blood on both sides and failed policy on both sides. The powers that be want the humans on the planet to get hyper sensitized to polarization. It's only getting worse.

On the Yin and Yang, the goal is to be the line in the middle. We know this deep down but its easy to get pulled to one side or the other.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You guys know your opinions mean nothing, right?

I include myself in that group of guys with meaningless opinions

But that is just my opinion.
the people of erbb care deeply about the israeli-palestinian conflict. that’s why they’re always reading books on it and talking about it even when it’s not in the news.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
why is nuance so difficult for people?
It feels natural to want to pick a side, decide who the good and who the bad guys are.
Figuring out what's really going on is confusing and not as satisfying, if you're Grommy or Lance, aka the feebleminded.
Media is not immune to it either.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
However, that and the subsequent treatment of the Palestinians in no ways merits the barbaric actions perpetrated by Hamas.
I don't think that anybody's doing that here.
Nobody sane would condone or justify the horrific things that Hamas is doing.
This is the problem with this entire thread and the discussion in general.

If you say anything critical of Israel's fascist government, you are automatically supporting Hamas.
Those who were silent about the plight of the Palestinian people up to this point but now "stand with Israel" equally rile up the other side.
It's a loose/loose.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Pico

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

If you say anything critical of Israel's fascist government, you are automatically supporting Hamas.
Those who were silent about the plight of the Palestinian people up to this point but now "stand with Israel" equally rile up the other side.
It's a loose/loose.
Yeah there are people on both sides underneath the rubble of Thugs on both sides. People who just want to live free. Raise familys. Have weekends off and enjoy life and are not fuckingbpolitical. On both sides. Fucking Thugs need a bullet to the head on both sides. Kinda like that no name chick on Jan 6

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

It's a loose/loose.
It might be a timing issue?

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Doesn’t change the fact that it happened on his watch.

I think I should clarify. What I meant was that Israel probably knew it coming and let it happen.

My comment on trusting Egypt was separate from that. I should have been clearer.