Hamas

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Wow. You're really picking and choosing here? I don't believe anybody is claiming that babies/children were NOT deliberately targeted/slaughtered at this point? They're saying they don't have absolute confirmation of decapitation.

But I'm sure there's many fine dead babies on both sides.
They have a war. Disinformation, dehumanizing, and brutal acts of violence are all part of the game in which everyone will lose one way or another.
The faceless and nameless spokesman is choosing his words for effect not for education. Why partake?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Israel, like almost every country, separates its war machine from its civilian population. They have army bases, air force bases, and so forth at some distance from civilian areas.

Hamas puts rocket launchers in schoolyards and antiaircraft guns on hospital roofs and weapons storage areas in apartment block basements. They WANT civilians to get hurt when the inevitable reprisal attacks come, it makes Israel look bad and gets them media support. They DGAF about their own people's lives.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
It would be nice if they did that but it won’t achieve peace in the region. That can only happen if one side or the other no longer exists.

I get the feeling you are under the mistaken impression that I have sided with one side over the other.

But just as a thought exercise answer me this…

If you were captured near the border with Gaza with no identification who would you rather be captured by, Hamas or the IDF?

That is a VERY easy question for me to answer honestly. How bout you?
Unfortunately, I think you are right. Hamas isn't going away at this point, even if Israel does a 180. I think I'm just reacting to the mainstream opinion here and elsewhere, which usually elides Israel's atrocities.

Who would I want to be captured by? As a white American citizen, IDF obviously.

Reactions: Aruka

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it seems weird that Israel's official line now is that Hamas is (like) ISIS

seems strange

what a mess

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Israel, like almost every country, separates its war machine from its civilian population. They have army bases, air force bases, and so forth at some distance from civilian areas.

Hamas puts rocket launchers in schoolyards and antiaircraft guns on hospital roofs and weapons storage areas in apartment block basements. They WANT civilians to get hurt when the inevitable reprisal attacks come, it makes Israel look bad and gets them media support. They DGAF about their own people's lives.
Gaza is one of the most densely populated places on earth. 2 million people on 25 mile stretch.

Wherever you drop the rocket, you're going to kill someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke AF

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Gaza is one of the most densely populated places on earth. 2 million people on 25 mile stretch.

Wherever you drop the rocket, you're going to kill someone.
Why the need for rockets in the first place. Hamas only has rockets to terrorize Israel. They are not for defense. They do not have a need to defend themselves with rockets. These are cowardly, unhuman beings.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
There's still open space. Which Hamas won't utilize for obvious reasons. Hamas has always been notorious for putting weapons in/next to hospitals, schools, mosques etc. There's no shield like a human shield. Grandma was old and the kid was an idiot. f-them.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Why the need for rockets in the first place.
Tunnels. Unfortunately, that's most likely where they are holding the hostages as well...

Israel's impending ground invasion of Gaza will have to breach a 300-mile system of underground tunnels operated by terrorist group Hamas, experts warn.

Source: It's all over the news!

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
There's still open space. Which Hamas won't utilize for obvious reasons. Hamas has always been notorious for putting weapons in/next to hospitals, schools, mosques etc. There's no shield like a human shield. Grandma was old and the kid was an idiot. f-them.
26 pages so far of this being lost on the usual suspects :socrazy:

Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't think that anybody's doing that here.
Nobody sane would condone or justify the horrific things that Hamas is doing.
This is the problem with this entire thread and the discussion in general.

If you say anything critical of Israel's fascist government, you are automatically supporting Hamas.
Those who were silent about the plight of the Palestinian people up to this point but now "stand with Israel" equally rile up the other side.
It's a loose/loose.
No one has denied Israel's heavy handed treatment of the Palestinians. This is my post that you cherry picked the bolded sentence from: "Ending the Aliyah (Right to Return) policy should have happened a long time ago. Allowing the illegal overexpansion of the settlements has been a big problem and a big mistake. However, that and the subsequent treatment of the Palestinians in no ways merits the barbaric actions perpetrated by Hamas. It was a suicide mission for what gain?"

I also noted in a previous post, where's mention of the culpability of the Palestinian leadership? Ever since he co-founded Fatah in the 50's Arafat ran a grift using his people for personal gain. He was never interested in building his people up and making a better place for them. They were his tool and nothing has changed since. Hamas does not give 0.0001 $hits about the Palestinian people.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Tunnels. Unfortunately, that's most likely where they are holding the hostages as well...

Israel's impending ground invasion of Gaza will have to breach a 300-mile system of underground tunnels operated by terrorist group Hamas, experts warn.

Source: It's all over the news!
Your post doesn't explain why Hamas needs rockets. The only reason Hamas has rockets is to terrorize Israel.

This was also in the news:
Per senior Hamas official Ali Baraka: "The Israelis are known to love life. We, on the other hand, sacrifice ourselves. We consider our dead to be martyrs. The thing any Palestinian desires the most is to be martyred for the sake of Allah, defending his land," he continued. "We have been preparing for this for two years. We have local factories for everything. We have rockets with ranges of 250 kilometers, 160 kilometers, 80 kilometers, 45 kilometers and 10 kilometers."
"Our allies are those that support us with weapons and money. First and foremost it is Iran that is giving us money and weapons," Baraka said.

How do you negotiate with someone with that mentality?