Going to Eleuthera

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well, considering half the reason is to see you, now I’m not sure lol

guys? Should we just go score silly in Oaxaca? Or make a pilgrimage to casa Ogro. I leave it to the forum to determine our course of action.

come on man, don’t you even heart of darkness, Colonel Kurtz?
To surf I would seriously go to Oaxaca. no question.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I'm kind of good at it, but i also get controlling. But, it's in everyone's best interest to just go along with whatever i say or have planned. I have the GROUP's best interests at heart, so long as they mostly align with my own :computer: :shaka:
Bro I still can’t believe you’re gonna foot the bill for everyone’s trip. You pay for everything of course you can call the shots.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It’s either the endless points of Oaxaca or a visit someplace new, someplace I’ve always wanted to visit, and sh!t ; I’m from New York. If it’s warm and fun it’s fine with me, with an ogro visit thrown in for good measure

and I’m paying for the driver not the whole trip. We’re splitting that silky smooth cliff top house

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It’s either the endless points of Oaxaca or a visit someplace new, someplace I’ve always wanted to visit, and sh!t ; I’m from New York. If it’s warm and fun it’s fine with me, with an ogro visit thrown in for good measure

and I’m paying for the driver not the whole trip. We’re splitting that silky smooth cliff top house
Great tune up for the usually disappointing Hurricane season!

Reactions: Subway

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

After paying for everybody’s rt airfare that’s valid bro.

• Haha

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Is that strip club/brothel where you can take a shower with the chicks right in the club still there?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Any of you guys been to Long Island (Bahamas)? The Tarpon Expedition guys on Instagram are based out of there and seem to have some pretty dreamy setups dialed in. Everything looks really shallow and sketchy though. I've spent a good amount of time in the Abacos and scored decent waves a handful of times out there and 100% do not recommend exploring Bahamian reefs by means of involuntary body contact.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Any of you guys been to Long Island (Bahamas)? The Tarpon Expedition guys on Instagram are based out of there and seem to have some pretty dreamy setups dialed in. Everything looks really shallow and sketchy though. I've spent a good amount of time in the Abacos and scored decent waves a handful of times out there and 100% do not recommend exploring Bahamian reefs by means of involuntary body contact.
No but I looked into it. There was a surfline feature on it, not really named, and I am 98-99% sure Ben Gravy has done a couple trips there.

Kind of like the rest of The Bahamas, if it wasn't highly onshore, same swells as Florida, and costs a fortune for island time/service with questionable board bag logistics, it'd be a no brainer.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
My experience with the Bahamas is limited to the Northern half of Eleuthera, Harbor Island, Spanish Wells and a couple of days in Nassau (Nassau sucks). Cat Island looks pretty cool and may have surf potential too.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I have heard the remote SE Bahamian Islands are holding, but only boat access.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I have heard the remote SE Bahamian Islands are holding, but only boat access.
Guy I grew up surfing with sold the family house in my town and built a beautiful home in front of a break in Turks and Caicos. Explore this link on google maps to grasp the potential when its on. Its a boat ride or a long sharky paddle from his front door to the surf.

Dec 27, 2020
My last trip there was 40 yrs ago. Stayed in Gregorytown and hitched to Surfers. Back then everybody left their boards in the bushes so that you didn't have to drag it back & forth. Beautiful beaches, clear water, lots of shark stories but I never saw any. Had fun surf all week.