Gnarly California rains

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
SrPato said:
In the past, the West side of our house would flood into the garage during continuous heavy rain events. So last summer I installed gutters the length of the roof line, with a the drain emptying down our driveway. What a glorious site to see that water drain away from the house instead of into the garage. :applause2: Now why the frack didn't I do it on the East side? :foreheadslap:
yeah - its quite satisfying to see the gutters work avoiding the garage flooding.

Turns out the new roof we had installed - there was tons of debris in the gutter. My wife told me - oh yeah I saw the gutters weren't working - told her to fng tell me when she sees an issue like that!

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
rts265 said:
SrPato said:
In the past, the West side of our house would flood into the garage during continuous heavy rain events. So last summer I installed gutters the length of the roof line, with a the drain emptying down our driveway. What a glorious site to see that water drain away from the house instead of into the garage. :applause2: Now why the frack didn't I do it on the East side? :foreheadslap:
yeah - its quite satisfying to see the gutters work avoiding the garage flooding.

Turns out the new roof we had installed - there was tons of debris in the gutter. My wife told me - oh yeah I saw the gutters weren't working - told her to fng tell me when she sees an issue like that!
Never trust the bitches.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ - You need a child to clean the rain gutters.

One of my yearly jobs growing up was the clean the gutters of the 2nd floor roof extension above the concrete driveway .

Never fell once.

Can't same the same for Hector.

RIP Hector.

psychophant

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Hawai'i
I stopped by my 95 yo granny's place one day to find her up on a ladder cleaning out the gutters, while chewing out the maintenance guys on the ground , because as she said, a) they are lazy and b) they do a shitty job.

Both are true but they are cheap as fvck which was her main concern when she hired them...

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
lmao. there are two other gutters that I am sure are not working but I need a taller ladder - no flood no problem.

ratfink

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
Mr Doof said:
]
PS
It should be noted that I signed it off as Pretend Lumberjack because 1) I am not one and 2) just funning and not being serious
I dig.
I noticed the cable too, thought it was SOP for safety's sake.
My daughter's husband has lived his whole life up on that mountain and culling/clearing these majestic trees is pretty much a common practice.
Except for Axe Men series, I've never seen anyone drop a big tree, let alone someone I know and love. Scares the beejeebus out of me.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
ratfink said:
Mr Doof said:
]
PS
It should be noted that I signed it off as Pretend Lumberjack because 1) I am not one and 2) just funning and not being serious
I dig.
My daughter's husband has lived his whole life up on that mountain and culling/clearing these majestic trees is pretty much a common practice.
Except for Axe Men series, I've never seen anyone drop a big tree, let alone someone I know and love. Scares the beejeebus out of me.
My buddies pop worked for the forest service and we would work with him in summers.
cut down more than a few LARGE trees in my time. It can definitely be sketchy

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
ratfink said:
Mr Doof said:
]
PS
I dig.
Regarding the use of cables to help direct things, well, yeah, sure, a good thing if you know what you are doing, but like a leash, not much help if you don't have skills: