Glassing

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
After thinking about it for a minute "currently have no pu/pe boards" if you sanded resin and collected dust you could tell by smell:waving: PE still has smell even after cured while epoxy should have no real odor or no PE like odor.
lightly sanded a section of the board and the paper has a strong resin smell. $95 extra fro epoxy that might not be epoxy?!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I love(d) the smell of polyester resin. When I was a kid the E.T. Surfboards factory was right behind the showroom and the shop reeked of resin. When I worked at the boatbuilder they would be spraying catalyzed resin right next to where I was working and we all just wore paper dust masks. I wonder how many of the old time glasses got cancer?

ps epoxy resin scent leaves me indifferent- it's not bad or foul but it's not good either.

pps I should start a line of colognes for surfers with 3 scents- surfboard resin, coconut surf wax and coppertone. Those 3 emanate positive summertime vibes.

Last edited:

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I recommend booting the old bag out of bed, snuggling up real close with your new board and letting your body heat do the work. This will also allow for some special bonding time for the two of you. Enhancing the process with the Dutch oven method also is recommended.
And nice subtle flex letting us know you have a new board