Gary McNeill Entity vs RTT

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
kpd73 said:
That's a Channel. Does it hourglass at the nose entry too? That's what a Torus is-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAqQhxxszw
Throw a rail/rocker shot when you get a moment too.please! Hell throw up any and every shot you Got! Stoked!!
Yeah, it does that at the nose. Sexy to touch. Check it out...

Rocker...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
theGraft said:
Goodfish, why are the lines kind of crooked or squiggly? Are they cabron?
Yeah, squiggly carbon. I like.

Bman76 said:
Good fish - my CV2 has a really deep single channel like that. Gaft - yep, carbon stringers.
I almost went for a CV2. Howzit?

h8scoldh20

Michael Peterson status
Dec 30, 2010
Bay Area
Great looking boards still very tempted to pull the trigger!

Re: twin fins... I'd rec future k2s. They are very versatile from weak mush to powerful slabby waves.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Goodfish said:
theGraft said:

Bman76 said:
Good fish - my CV2 has a really deep single channel like that. Gaft - yep, carbon stringers.
It's a good wave board - quad setup. It likes solid waves. If i can't get the latest fin setup in my puddle jumper to work - i'm selling it and getting a TT. That rocker shot is interesting. Looks like it still has a bit.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Bman76 said:
Goodfish said:
theGraft said:

Bman76 said:
It's a good wave board - quad setup. It likes solid waves. If i can't get the latest fin setup in my puddle jumper to work - i'm selling it and getting a TT. That rocker shot is interesting. Looks like it still has a bit.
Yeah, I thought that after taking the shot, but under my arm and when I grope it doesn't feel like so much.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Here's the other board I got from Gary. This is one he made for himself, but after he lost a bit of weight he felt it was too big for him. He said he only surfed it 5 or 6 times. I got it stuffed in the same shipping box, and paid AU$400! Looks perfect for Indo and typhoon swell. Built for speeeeeeed! Torus channel is deep and runs the length of the board.

Entity Pin with Torus channel. 5'9 x 19 1/2 x 2 3/8...

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Goodfish said:
Here's the other board I got from Gary. This is one he made for himself, but after he lost a bit of weight he felt it was too big for him. He said he only surfed it 5 or 6 times. I got it stuffed in the same shipping box, and paid AU$400! Looks perfect for Indo and typhoon swell. Built for speeeeeeed! Torus channel is deep and runs the length of the board.

Entity Pin with Torus channel. 5'9 x 19 1/2 x 2 3/8...

The Entity at 2 3/8 looks fuller than the RTT at 2 7/16. Great boards man, and thanks for the pics. Losing it with anticipation of mine.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
kpd73 said:
The Entity at 2 3/8 looks fuller than the RTT at 2 7/16. Great boards man, and thanks for the pics. Losing it with anticipation of mine.
Yeah, I guess it's the angle. They're both around the same volume - 28L. Post up some pics when you get your hands on yours! You're gonna be stoked!

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Goodfish said:
kpd73 said:
Yeah, I guess it's the angle. They're both around the same volume - 28L. Post up some pics when you get your hands on yours! You're gonna be stoked!
You'll hear the yell. I saw yours on Gary's Instagram and it looked rad. Then I saw YOUR pictures and it looks Crazy good.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Ride update:

My Rasta Torus Twin is one of the best boards I've ever owned. Smooth as silk, drivey and speed for days. Can't get enough of it.

Entity Pin has been put to use, and it does what I hoped it would. Easy to catch waves, holds perfectly in the pocket on steeper waves, and is racer fast when it needs to be.

These boards have converted me to the Church of Gary McNeill Concepts. Not only are they amazing to ride, but they are strong and beautiful. My rtt has taken a battering at a couple of reefs and a river mouth or two, but still looks beautiful and untarnished. I'm currently looking at my next Gary McNeill, but can't decide between a Rasta Torus Drive, Captain Kirk, CV2 or FTL. I think I might need them all...

If you're thinking about getting one of his shapes, then just do it. You won't regret it.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
What fins you running in yours? I grabbed a RTT back in September (second hand) and rode it all summer (oz), but it was slightly oversized and was PU, with carbon rails. It was okay, but no magic. My CV2 puts it to shame - that board flies, but it needs some curve and energy. It just doesn't grovel. Gary recommended it as a twin too - but i haven't tried it.

I've had my CV2 nearly two years and it looks new. Great boards.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I tried it with some Sea Shepards on my first session, but since then I've only used the Akila Aipa twins. They just fit the board like absolute magic.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
If you have the cash, get one of his boards. You won't regret it.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=230&v=FFkpKIyKDzw[/video]

Dorado

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 25, 2007
Seriously considering bringing my RTT TO G land next month as a 4th board . It's between THE RTT and a DVS rocket fish keel .

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Here is the Entity twin with channel that I bought from Gary at the BoardRoom. There are no dims written on the board that I can read but I would say it's around 6'0, 19 3/4, 2 1/2 with low rails. Stocked!

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Dorado said:
Seriously considering bringing my RTT TO G land next month as a 4th board . It's between THE RTT and a DVS rocket fish keel .
Haha, I'm taking mine to a long Indo left that I know in a couple of weeks...

J_D_J said:
Here is the Entity twin with channel that I bought from Gary at the BoardRoom. There are no dims written on the board that I can read but I would say it's around 6'0, 19 3/4, 2 1/2 with low rails. Stocked!

Entity Pin TWIN!?!?! That is the sex!

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Thanks. Yep. It's an Entity pin. Goes really well. Much better backside than other twins that I've owned. Rocker is very interesting. The middle is extremely flat and the nose has a pronounced flip. There is decent tail rocker too. But the entry rocker is unique among my boards. I have Hamish Graham's twin fins, which I have not taken out. They feel good. Gary told me that I could ride the board with T1s, but I haven't tried it with that set up. T1s are pretty small for me.