Gary McNeill Entity vs RTT

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Looking for some help and info from anyone who has ridden either or both and their opinions/reviews.
I've read the threads here with Rasta's Magic Carpets etc and was hoping for some fresh perspective. Also know that there are a few Aussies running about the joint who might be able to help out.
Hoping to grab one for travel- Lots of places- variety of waves and hearing from you gents would be killer before I go to Gary himself.
Thanks in advance for your time and Energy.

Oh and Me- 5'9 161 lbs Intermediatish +/- moments of Radness/Sadness
East Coast - RI - but ain't staying once family matters are settled.
*edit- 43 yrs old and fit...with body beat to hell from a helluva Life

And Stoked. Always.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
I picked up an Entity off a fellow BBer, cool little board that can handle waist high to overhead. It has a five fin setup but it really likes a twin/keel setup.

I'm on a fish kick lately and riding a wide range of them: twin keel, octafish, bottom feeder, MR 1980, Short round. The entity is a good all rounder and it looks good in my racks, so easy to hang onto.

this is mine now: https://www.instagram.com/p/1j95neClYp/?taken-by=garymcneillconcepts&hl=en

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
kpd73 said:
Looking for some help and info from anyone who has ridden either or both and their opinions/reviews.
I've read the threads here with Rasta's Magic Carpets etc and was hoping for some fresh perspective. Also know that there are a few Aussies running about the joint who might be able to help out.
Hoping to grab one for travel- Lots of places- variety of waves and hearing from you gents would be killer before I go to Gary himself.

And Stoked. Always.
Here is a wealth of info: http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30188

I've had two entities and currently ride a CV2.

The entity is an excellent allround daily driver - will work from waist high to well overhead. It works best as a quad imo.

I've not ridden a RTT - however, my mate Jam71 who posts here and on realsurf rides quite a few of Gary's boards and loves the TT best. He's currently in indo surfing so he won't like see this post. That said, he rates his RTT over the entity he had.

The CV2 is a trip - super deep single channel that runs the length of the board - high performance fish surfing! Has a higher top end than the entity. Deep barrels, top to bottom surfing - it does it all. Recently changed out the rasta quad fins for my Mulcoy quads to get some more pivot at the lip and the board has responded really well and can now grovel a little better.

Gary's boards are built really well - super light and they don't damage easy. I recommend his stringerless eps - it feels amazing to ride. Lots of flex, drive and pop.
And he is great to deal with. If he says four weeks - the board will be four weeks.

Tell him what you are after and he will make a board to suit those conditions.

Keep me posted on what you get :cheers:

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
The more I see and hear, the more I'm leaning towards the RTT. Thanks all, keep it coming.
Radness.

Bman- will keep you posted brother. And if you hear of an RTT my size, err on the plus side a bit is ok, Please hit me up! Thanks brother.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Will do - He'll ship them over - and with exchange it may not end up too bad price wise. He should do a shaping tour stateside, reckon it would be worth his while.

5'6, 19, 2 5/16 downrailed and angry.

Reactions: Aardwolf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
casa_mugrienta said:
ifallalot said:
I really want to get a board from him.
Depending on when you place your order, I might be willing to go in with you. Would help control shipping cost methinks.
How about you let me know when you order and I'll do it. Maybe we could get another interested erBB party in as well

h8scoldh20

Michael Peterson status
Dec 30, 2010
Bay Area
ifallalot said:
casa_mugrienta said:
ifallalot said:
Depending on when you place your order, I might be willing to go in with you. Would help control shipping cost methinks.
How about you let me know when you order and I'll do it. Maybe we could get another interested erBB party in as well
*raises hand*

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
ifallalot said:
Bman, what is your height and weight with those dims?
5'6, 154 - absolutely perfect dims. Floats like a HP board, but paddles into waves like a dream. Gary really foils them out nicely.

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
barnod said:
ifallalot said:
casa_mugrienta said:
ifallalot said:
*raises hand*
Me too

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
Bman76 said:
kpd73 said:

And Stoked. Always.
Here is a wealth of info: http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30188

The entity is an excellent allround daily driver - will work from waist high to well overhead. It works best as a quad imo.

I've not ridden a RTT - however, my mate Jam71 who posts here and on realsurf rides quite a few of Gary's boards and loves the TT best. He's currently in indo surfing so he won't like see this post. That said, he rates his RTT over the entity he had.

The CV2 is a trip - super deep single channel that runs the length of the board - high performance fish surfing! Has a higher top end than the entity. Deep barrels, top to bottom surfing - it does it all. Recently changed out the rasta quad fins for my Mulcoy quads to get some more pivot at the lip and the board has responded really well and can now grovel a little better.

Gary's boards are built really well - super light and they don't damage easy. I recommend his stringerless eps - it feels amazing to ride. Lots of flex, drive and pop.
And he is great to deal with. If he says four weeks - the board will be four weeks.

Are you in Santa Cruz? I've seen one of these at the hook...

seaborne

OTF status
Apr 15, 2016
Do it. I ordered a CV2 and had him throw a used (rasta personal) "mung bean" which is an entity variant into the box as well. Shipping from Oz to HI was cheaper than from CA to HI. I kept the CV2 and sold the mung bean. Love the CV2 although I don't surf it enough. Excellent construction. I gotta say that the board took quite a long time to build and ship. Around 4 months. I didn't press about time though. Told him no stress (and meant it). The exchange rate is good. Now's the time.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
averagejoe said:
Bman76 said:
kpd73 said:

And Stoked. Always.

Are you in Santa Cruz? I've seen one of these at the hook...
Nah mate - Oz

JaM71

OTF status
Jul 12, 2013
GC, Australia
G'day kpd

I have ridden both. They re very different boards, the entity is an all purpose board - great for travelling.

The RTT is my favourite, it's a fish but a high performance fish. They have a channel running nose to tail which when you hit a certain speed gives you great lift, like the bonzer levitating feel. Super fun. Nowadays I only use mine in waves up to shoulder high but for the first 12 months I rode it in everything. They re fast and loose, good in small waves.

I used keels but way prefer it with Aipas or AMT"s. The keels felt to tracky for my liking. I agree with Bman, go the stringerless bells & whistles option. They re the best ride, look amazing & the construction is rock solid. My TT is 2 1/2 years old and as good as the day I got it.

Given the exchange rate and shipping costs are the same for 1 board or 2, why not get a RTT & a cv2 quad like Bman's?

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
JaM71 said:
G'day kpd

I have ridden both. They re very different boards, the entity is an all purpose board - great for travelling.

The RTT is my favourite, it's a fish but a high performance fish. They have a channel running nose to tail which when you hit a certain speed gives you great lift, like the bonzer levitating feel. Super fun. Nowadays I only use mine in waves up to shoulder high but for the first 12 months I rode it in everything. They re fast and loose, good in small waves.

I used keels but way prefer it with Aipas or AMT"s. The keels felt to tracky for my liking. I agree with Bman, go the stringerless bells & whistles option. They re the best ride, look amazing & the construction is rock solid. My TT is 2 1/2 years old and as good as the day I got it.

Given the exchange rate and shipping costs are the same for 1 board or 2, why not get a RTT & a cv2 quad like Bman's?
Good advice :jam_on: