ford trucks still the best like a rock!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I got notice that ordering for Maverick opens in one month. I might pull the trigger. Here's a comparison of Maverick vs Tacoma. Since I'm not planning on towing or doing any rock crawling the Maverick wins., especially considering price ($20k vs $29K msrp) and gas mileage (40/33 vs 18/22). Also most of the reports I've read indicate that , contrary to usual, the Maverick gets better mpg than the EPA estimates.

Also-

Last edited:

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I got notice that ordering for Maverick opens in one month. I might pull the trigger. Here's a comparison of Maverick vs Tacoma. Since I'm not planning on towing or doing any rock crawling the Maverick wins., especially considering price ($20k vs $29K msrp) and gas mileage (40/33 vs 18/22). Also most of the reports I've read indicate that , contrary to usual, the Maverick gets better mpg than the EPA estimates.

Also-

i hate the looks the idea of...and ESPECIAALLY the pathetic bed...but man...that mpg. toss a shell on it with racks and maybe i wouldn't absolutely frickin hate it? once i get back to work...i'm dropping like $500 a month on gas

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
i hate the looks the idea of...and ESPECIAALLY the pathetic bed...but man...that mpg. toss a shell on it with racks and maybe i wouldn't absolutely frickin hate it? once i get back to work...i'm dropping like $500 a month on gas
Once I decided I was not storing boards or sleeping in the bed, the small bed was not an issue. It will still carry a lot of shiite- plywood, lumber bags of cement, furniture... For what I'm doing 98% of the time- just going back and forth to the beach and running errands around town, camping a few times a year and going down some dirt roads every now and then (no rock crawling), it's perfect. And the price is right. My local dealer said zero mark up, no deposit on order, and if I don't want it when it comes in, they're stoked because then they sell it at a mark up.

I also was NOT a fan of the looks, but I figure I'll change the rims and and put some hiking boots on it first thing, and then it's not so bad. I'd add bed racks to this look..

2022-Ford-Maverick-Lariat-With-Lift-Kit-Off-Road-Tires-Exterior-004-Rear-Three-Quarters.jpg

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Once I decided I was not storing boards or sleeping in the bed, the small bed was not an issue. It will still carry a lot of shiite- plywood, lumber bags of cement, furniture... For what I'm doing 98% of the time- just going back and forth to the beach and running errands around town, camping a few times a year and going down some dirt roads every now and then (no rock crawling), it's perfect. And the price is right. My local dealer said zero mark up, no deposit on order, and if I don't want it when it comes in, they're stoked because then they sell it at a mark up.

I also was NOT a fan of the looks, but I figure I'll change the rims and and put some hiking boots on it first thing, and then it's not so bad. I'd add bed racks to this look..

View attachment 133949
that looks really good for that truck. did you level it or anything? was gonna ask what dealer you ordrred from because i heard the whole buying experience has been a huge hassle but looks like you're in canada

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
that looks really good for that truck. did you level it or anything? was gonna ask what dealer you ordrred from because i heard the whole buying experience has been a huge hassle but looks like you're in canada
Not mine and it is the AWD non hybrid. Probably has a lift kit. No lift for the hybrid, but you can put larger tires on it. I've been spending way too much time researching about the truck. I'm figuring tires, rims, racks and a tonneau cover will add $5000 to the price, but since the base price is $22K it's still a bargain.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Not mine and it is the AWD non hybrid. Probably has a lift kit. No lift for the hybrid, but you can put larger tires on it. I've been spending way too much time researching about the truck. I'm figuring tires, rims, racks and a tonneau cover will add $5000 to the price, but since the base price is $22K it's still a bargain.
drove my moms 04 tacoma single cab manual in high school reminds me of that. great gas and a small bed if you need it

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
not being able to throw a board in the back just seems flat out frickin ridiculous though. and i do happen to um...sleep in the bed every so often.
It's back to the past for me- surf racks.

This is for you!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
It's back to the past for me- surf racks.

This is for you!

clearly doesn't take it off road based on the tires and clearance. oh well. why even bother these days.

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Like I said before, for service industry people who maybe carry a few tools or supplies and put a ton of mileage daily, this hits the sweet spot between a Prius and a truck...

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Can you fit a shortboard in there diagonally?
My shortbed Tacoma could fit a 6'8" or 6'10" or so in it when I had a shell on it and I could kind of dip the nose to the bottom corner and prop the tail up a bit to sneak it in

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Can you fit a shortboard in there diagonally?
My shortbed Tacoma could fit a 6'8" or 6'10" or so in it when I had a shell on it and I could kind of dip the nose to the bottom corner and prop the tail up a bit to sneak it in
I doubt it. Racks would be necessary.

However-

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016