ford trucks still the best like a rock!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think Ford is gonna sell a lot of Lightnings and a lot of Mavericks. If they turn out to be turdmobiles then the burst of sales will be short lived, but if they are good they'll be winners. IMO there is a lot of demand for electric/hybrid trucks and smaller trucks.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
i think their second generation will be the one to own when the get rid of that transmission space. and iron out the kinks

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I think Ford is gonna sell a lot of Lightnings and a lot of Mavericks. If they turn out to be turdmobiles then the burst of sales will be short lived, but if they are good they'll be winners. IMO there is a lot of demand for electric/hybrid trucks and smaller trucks.
Agreed. The MSRP for the Maverick seems insanely cheap, for a smaller-bed 5-passenger pickup that can get 40 mpg.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
i like the lightning because they made a normal vehicle that happens to be electric. Doesn't look like an apple designed product, or an alien video game design.

That is a big selling point down south, you aren't gonna get the good ol boys to drive something that looks like a bar of soap or that silver single fin donavon frankenwriter rode in that movie w the fin made from double concave on bottom

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i like the lightning because they made a normal vehicle that happens to be electric. Doesn't look like an apple designed product, or an alien video game design.

That is a big selling point down south, you aren't gonna get the good ol boys to drive something that looks like a bar of soap or that silver single fin donavon frankenwriter rode in that movie w the fin made from double concave on bottom
Charge $20/gallon for gas and make them walk more than 50 yards and they'd drive Garrison's contraption from South Park.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
yea he maverick looks fun! not sexy but damn practical for a nice price.

Did yall see the other truck get lifted up by the tornado then land back on the wheels? Older silverado. dude got a free truck from chevy I think. He was scared shitless

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Saw this.

It made me think. It's not related to the recall but every time I'm in a new car with the electric parking brake button, I always wonder if that is now useless in an emergency. The parking brake also used to be called the emergency brake. So now cars have no emergency brake?

• Wow
Reactions: Waterlogged05