FloriDUH......

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Facing a reelection in November that could be a precursor to a presidential campaign, the approach has been awkward at points. Navigating one of his state's darkest moments, DeSantis, a Republican, must partner with a Democratic president he has spent the better part of two years demeaning. He's also gladly accepting the type of federal disaster aid and assistance he rejected as wasteful while he was a member of Congress.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What ever happened to "We are from the government, we are here to help" being the scariest 10 words in the english dictionary?
Everybody is a libertarian until real life catches up.

I say Florida should pull themselves by the bootstraps and stop asking the nanny government to rebuild their delusion of "self-sufficiency".

Reactions: afoaf and hal9000

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Everybody is a libertarian until real life catches up.

I say Florida should pull themselves by the bootstraps and stop asking the nanny government to rebuild their delusion of "self-sufficiency".
Will this bailout cost more or less than the pared back student loan forgiveness? I don’t want my taxes paying for dime other state’s poor planning.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
My buddy's parents house was about 10 blocks south of where this picture was taken. 2nd house off of the beach. Now they have an empty lot. Wiped clean along with the house between them and the ocean.

When fires hit CA and homes are lost, people often blame homeowners for living in high fire zones.

Reactions: Pico

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I wonder if Rhonda called him Brandon when they spoke? If they were to meet in person and I were Brandon, I would toss Rhonda a roll of perper towels just for shits and giggles.

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF and Pico

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Facing a reelection in November that could be a precursor to a presidential campaign, the approach has been awkward at points. Navigating one of his state's darkest moments, DeSantis, a Republican, must partner with a Democratic president he has spent the better part of two years demeaning. He's also gladly accepting the type of federal disaster aid and assistance he rejected as wasteful while he was a member of Congress.
Rhonda working with Biden towards a beneficial common goal would help him in the general election, because that's what many voters want, leaders who will work together to find solutions.

But it would kill his chances in the primaries, because that's exactly what primary voters DON'T want.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
DeSantis is showing what real leadership looks like. Meanwhile you have that moron Kamala Harris suggesting that Hurricane Relief be based on "equity" and race.
yeah, this is what real leadership looks like, two weeks after he pissed away $12 million on political theater. in Clown World, "real leadership" equals shamelessly flip-flopping on his talking points after the real world slaps his state silly with a real problem. and two weeks from now, he'll be back to talking trash about the G he is currently begging for help and the prez who signed the check. figures you could relate to that.

• Love
Reactions: CutnSnip and afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
yeah, this is what real leadership looks like, two weeks after he pissed away $12 million on political theater. in Clown World, "real leadership" equals shamelessly flip-flopping on his talking points after the real world slaps his state silly with a real problem. and two weeks from now, he'll be back to talking trash about the G he is currently begging for help and the prez who signed the check. figures you could relate to that.

Hypocrisy is the true Republican value from the lowest rube(gromsdad) all the way to the top.

Reactions: sussle