FloriDUH......

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
If people in Florida really cared about what DeSantis is doing or isn't doing according to you guys? Why arent people lining up in protest? I've seen the BLM protests shut down i95 in west palm. I've seen a bunch of people protest on Southern Blvd waiting for Trump to leave the island. I have never seen one protest in person against DeSantis

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Cases 63,248
Tests 626,014
Hospitalized 34,870
Deaths 290

We're freaking out for that?
Some people are. I'm celebrating. We'll get another round of laughing at the moron asking where his apology is, and we'll have slightly fewer Republicans. Win-Win!

There's no point to freaking out. The vaccine is widely available. They're spamming the local news with how to get delivery vaccinated for the homebound, because the homebound are in public transit so much. You can't compel the population at large to get it. You've done well with the willing and able and doing good work with the willing and unable. Give the rest up and call it a day.

If people in Florida really cared about what DeSantis is doing or isn't doing according to you guys? Why arent people lining up in protest? I've seen the BLM protests shut down i95 in west palm. I've seen a bunch of people protest on Southern Blvd waiting for Trump to leave the island. I have never seen one protest in person against DeSantis
A few reasons....

1. DeSantis isn't really doing anything. He's vag-leaking about Critical Race Theory like it's something grade schoolers would get taught, alongside Fourier Transforms and Solid-State Electronics. Nobody but his base cares. My buddy's daughter plays lacrosse. He does not give a single half a f--k about trans athlete bans.
2. The things people want DeSantis to do, they themselves can do. You can wear a mask or not go to restaurants all you want. sh!t around here seems fully open and half-empty. No employee is perfect - you decide to be a holdout about getting vaccinated (or preach about how your employer's place of business needs to require vaccination) and you're probably going to be sh!t-canned shortly on one pretext or another.
3. The Towns/Cities/Counties that want to tell DeSantis to go fuck himself are telling DeSantis to go fuck himself. They're defying his orders when they want. The cruise lines are taking him to court. They're trolling their own paying passengers with policy when they don't win in court.

DeSantis is nowhere near as comically inept or tone-deaf as Orange Asshole, and BLM is black people and mostly poor white youth. They don't have City/County Government power to say "Yeah lol fuck you we're going ahead with the mandate. Sanction me with your army." Murder trials like George Floyd's inherently take time. Just like HB told Sacramento to go fuck itself instantly, the Cities told Tallahassee to go fuck itself instantly.

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Some people are. I'm celebrating. We'll get another round of laughing at the moron asking where his apology is, and we'll have slightly fewer Republicans. Win-Win!

There's no point to freaking out. The vaccine is widely available. They're spamming the local news with how to get delivery vaccinated for the homebound, because the homebound are in public transit so much. You can't compel the population at large to get it. You've done well with the willing and able and doing good work with the willing and unable. Give the rest up and call it a day.

A few reasons....

1. DeSantis isn't really doing anything. He's vag-leaking about Critical Race Theory like it's something grade schoolers would get taught, alongside Fourier Transforms and Solid-State Electronics. Nobody but his base cares. My buddy's daughter plays lacrosse. He does not give a single half a f--k about trans athlete bans.
2. The things people want DeSantis to do, they themselves can do. You can wear a mask or not go to restaurants all you want. sh!t around here seems fully open and half-empty. No employee is perfect - you decide to be a holdout about getting vaccinated (or preach about how your employer's place of business needs to require vaccination) and you're probably going to be sh!t-canned shortly on one pretext or another.
3. The Towns/Cities/Counties that want to tell DeSantis to go fook himself are telling DeSantis to go fook himself. They're defying his orders when they want. The cruise lines are taking him to court. They're trolling their own paying passengers with policy when they don't win in court.

DeSantis is nowhere near as comically inept or tone-deaf as Orange Asshole, and BLM is black people and mostly poor white youth. They don't have City/County Government power to say "Yeah lol fook you we're going ahead with the mandate. Sanction me with your army." Murder trials like George Floyd's inherently take time. Just like HB told Sacramento to go fook itself instantly, the Cities told Tallahassee to go fook itself instantly.

I get what you're saying and a lot of it makes sense. The thing is he did undermine any local effort to enforce its own mandates by basically pardoning local mandate offenders. Then also banning local mandate this past spring all together. Local authorities are trying to say fook you but right now the best they can do is town owned property indoors.

All I'm saying is DeSantis and Florida have gotten a lot of attention from the media and people here for being boogiemen. But actually being here, life hasn't changed much at all and people seem to love DeSantis. They definitely aren't lining up somewhere in mass protest cause they think he killed grandma.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I get what you're saying and a lot of it makes sense. The thing is he did undermine any local effort to enforce its own mandates by basically pardoning local mandate offenders. Then also banning local mandate this past spring all together. Local authorities are trying to say fook you but right now the best they can do is town owned property indoors.

All I'm saying is DeSantis and Florida have gotten a lot of attention from the media and people here for being boogiemen. But actually being here, life hasn't changed much at all and people seem to love DeSantis. They definitely aren't lining up somewhere in mass protest cause they think he killed grandma.
Last time he banned them from actually enforcing a fine, but the cops were still harassing people about it. Good litmus test to see if the GOP is actually about local control, or if it's just the authoritarianism they want. The locals can still ignore him though. DeSantis can take them to court I guess. It's kind of like surfing on the base at Mayport. Everyone and their brother drifts up there on a South current, or walks/paddles for North howl blockage, and they basically all walk back below the mean high tide line, but if you burn the base commander, or they whistle you, saying "but I was below the mean high tide line" doesn't mean sh!t to the guy with the M-16. You're going in the fckng brig and you can cry about it later.

I don't think people who are against Covid regulations are going to join together to protest in a large group. Kind of defeats the purpose. Also, where I live, protest season is October-May. Where you live, it's December-March.

When the George Floyd protests were sweeping the country, in Jacksonville, it was basically the police and people running the protests handing out water to a couple dozen people quietly sitting under trees, with some EMS on standby for heat stroke. When the curfews were going into effect, it was still like 100 degrees out.

I saw a small group of college kids walk down University Ave in Gainesville to protest the Iraq War buildup in 2003. They walked past the local news camera, and the protest organizers were like "THAT'LL MAKE THE NEWS GOOD JOB TEAM" and f----d off. Other than that, the only people I've ever seen protest were Cubans on TV.

I still haven't forgiven him or the Jacksonville powers-that-be, or the rest of these places, for closing the beaches in the heart of Spring surf season in 2020. Back when his base was busy hoarding toilet paper, he was just like the rest of the lockdowners.

Reactions: Rlacey111

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005

bravissimo, you're doing great!!

Explain why Californians are so obsessed with Florida and Ron DeSantis. Trying to deflect from the nation's highest percentage of people below the poverty level, the nation's largest homeless population, ridiculous housing prices, absurd taxes, ridiculous political policies?

Why don't you sweep around your own door, step mush brain. Floridians don't have time to worry about you Cali weinies, and could give less of a F___. Seriously. We don't want to be there, but, judging by the numbers, Californians want to be here.

• Haha
Reactions: kidfury and $kully

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Explain why Californians are so obsessed with Florida and Ron DeSantis. Trying to deflect from the nation's highest percentage of people below the poverty level, the nation's largest homeless population, ridiculous housing prices, absurd taxes, ridiculous political policies?

Why don't you sweep around your own door, step mush brain. Floridians don't have time to worry about you Cali weinies, and could give less of a F___. Seriously. We don't want to be there, but, judging by the numbers, Californians want to be here.

WHUT.

I'm pretty sure I've never met a Californian who wanted to be in FL.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

No one in their right mind wants to be in Florida. Better than Cincinnati but barely.

Which is why Florida Man is a thing.