Federal, State and Local Covid Restrictions: Where do you draw the line?

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people

If nothing can be done, how does he propose to protect older people?

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.””

”The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that “positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection,” and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are “driving public hysteria
.”

Don’t buy their tests, buy the ones from the company I’m a CEO at.

“Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said.

“Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time.“

So they are effective if worn properly, therefore are not useless?

Isn’t not wearing a mask also virtue signaling?

Edit to add: A person who is CEO at a company that manufactures test for a highly contagious virus telling people to not bother wearing masks would just lead to needing more tests, no? $eems hone$t.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Explain it again.
You are a virus spreader. Everybody is.

You can't do whatever you want, you're harming other people.

It doesn't matter if you have no symptoms.

It doesn't matter if you're not in a risk group.

It doesn't matter if you're young.

You're a virus spreader, if you don't play by the rules, you are contributing to the spreading of the pandemic in which 250,000 Americans already died.

Harming others is not your constitutional freedom.

Now, was that so hard?

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
How would Biden accomplish this?
Interesting question. I don't think the President or the federal government have the power to do that. But listening to CNN, PBS, MSNBC and so on and so forth over the past six months, they sure seemed to think so. I'm sure they will change their tune come January.

Reactions: Ricknj

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Interesting question. I don't think the President or the federal government have the power to do that. But listening to CNN, PBS, MSNBC and so on and so forth over the past six months, they sure seemed to think so. I'm sure they will change their tune come January.
They don't. In fact, they confirmed your position repeatedly when Trump said he was going to open things up.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The doctor said that nothing could be done to stop the spread of the virus besides protecting older more vulnerable people

If nothing can be done, how does he propose to protect older people?

Noting that he was also an expert in virology, Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.””

”The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that “positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection,” and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are “driving public hysteria
.”

Don’t buy their tests, buy the ones from the company I’m a CEO at.

“Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said.

“Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time.“

So they are effective if worn properly, therefore are not useless?

Isn’t not wearing a mask also virtue signaling?

Edit to add: A person who is CEO at a company that manufactures test for a highly contagious virus telling people to not bother wearing masks would just lead to needing more tests, no? $eems hone$t.
1. Older, vulnerable people are the ones who quarantine, not everyone else
2. There's nothing Incorrect about the a positive test not meaning a clinical infection. This distinction HAS to start being made
3. Even if they were effective, people don't wear them correctly, what's so hard to understand about that?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

You're a virus spreader, if you don't play by the rules, you are contributing to the spreading of the pandemic in which 250,000 Americans already died.

Now, was that so hard?
You've been a virus spreader your whole god damned life. You've killed countless old people just by your existence and the fact that you haven't masked up and socially distanced yourself ever prior to the past 7 months. You should be ashamed of yourself.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You've been a virus spreader your whole god damned life. You've killed countless old people just by your existence and the fact that you haven't masked up and socially distanced yourself ever prior to the past 7 months. You should be ashamed of yourself.
What the fuck are you even talking about. :roflmao:

How quickly you change topic and are ready to insult as soon as you get owned.

I always wore mask and distanced.
And I don't think that lockdowns are tyranny dummy.

Love your stupid strawman.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
What the fook are you even talking about. :roflmao:

How quickly you change topic and are ready to insult as soon as you get owned.

I always wore mask and distanced.
And I don't think that lockdowns are tyranny dummy.

Love your stupid strawman.
What about the other 50 years of your existence? You weren't masked up and you put everyone around you at risk of dying.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Even more so now, given the coronavirus pandemic

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What about the other 50 years of your existence? You weren't masked up and you put everyone around you at risk of dying.
Again, what in the actual fück.

You asked me to explain to you what a pandemic is and why you can't do whatever you want because harming other people is not your constitutional freedom and now you're talking about the "other" 50 years when this pandemic didn't exist.

What's wrong with you?

And infecting people with deadly viruses knowingly was a crime even before the COVID.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Mainly because the viruses over the past 50 years are viruses we've built up immunity for. A new virus is obviously different. Rules for quarantine were far more strict in the past for things like polio, measles etc. I know, your next argument is "that only applied when people had the virus" and you're right. But people with polio are obvious, while people can carry COVID with no signs or symptoms at all, particularly younger people, so a mask, while not perfect, is an easy way to lower the risk.

I honestly don't get why this is a big deal.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Again, what in the actual fück.

You asked me to explain to you what a pandemic is and why you can't do whatever you want because harming other people is not your constitutional freedom and now you're talking about the "other" 50 years when this pandemic didn't exist.

What's wrong with you?

And infecting people with deadly viruses knowingly was a crime even before the COVID.
Do you lick doorknobs or something? WTF are you talking about......."infecting people with deadly viruses knowingly was a crime"

Ricknj

OTF status
Feb 29, 2008
nj

Now, was that so hard?
So if you wear your mask then why do I have too?
your protected from me right?