Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Then you are either forgetful and/or willfully ignorant to the actual messaging. Fauci and Biden overpromised the results of the virus. See the link above and this:

Plus if there wasn't at least an implicit notion that the vaccine would prevent you from infecting others, then why were so many millions of people so rabid about the health choices of others :unsure:

UH, see my link above where Fauci calls the vaxxed "dead ends" for the virus.

So it's disingenuous for me to pull up actual statements that were spoken as truth and proved to later be wrong :unsure: Statements that when called into question, the messenger had their character attacked vigorously, who later proved to be right? Now you are saying that those things were never said (textbook gaslighting), and I'm the one being disingenuous :unsure: :roflmao: :trout:

I also never said the vaccines don't work and I'm not an anti vaxxer. I voluntarily took the vaccine. What I'm pointing out is how wrong the government got it, and that a bunch of people acted like sanctimonious assholes over the health choices of others for basically no reason at all.
I do think it's disingenuous for someone (not necessarily you, BTW) to claim that something is failing because it's not absolute when it was never intended to be absolute.

I definitely don't remember Fauci saying that but there it is. Like I said it always seemed pretty obvious to me that it was a mitigation technique and not a full stop. That's how other virus vaccines (flu shots) tend to work. I'm definitely not trying to gaslight anyone.

It has always made sense to me that if the severity of someones illness is reduced, i.e. the virus rages at a muted level, then the viruses ability to spread from that person to the next is also reduced. So yeah, if enough people were vaccinated it makes sense that it would slow the spread. I'm not an infectious disease specalist or a viruologist so maybe that's a faulty premise but just because the vaccine doesnt stop COVID dead in its tracks doesn't mean it isn't advantagous for a society to be vaccinated. In absence of any real irrefutable reason to not be vaccinated (conspiracy theories and other bs about 'the jab' don't hold water) it's pretty hard to argue against it. Although, as evidenced by this thread, we all love to hear ourselves talk.

Reactions: One-Off and Aruka

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It's true that he said it. The idea that the vaccine made you a "dead end" is not true.
He explained…
Fauci explained to host John Dickerson that fully vaccinated people can go without masks even if they have an asymptomatic case of COVID-19 because the level of virus is much lower in their nasopharynx, the top part of their throat that lies behind the nose, than it is in someone who is unvaccinated.

“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said.
This explanation doesn’t explain a dead end.

I guess you’re easily duped by the media when you want to be. That’s what they count on, in fact.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He explained…

This explanation doesn’t explain a dead end.
Keep reading: "“When you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health and that of the family but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community,” Fauci said. “In other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. "

Fauci's. Exact. Words. :roflmao:

I guess you’re easily duped by the media when you want to be. That’s what they count on, in fact.
How can I be duped by the media when they reported exactly what he said :unsure:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The weirdest thing about COVID is what happened to surfing. Just bizarre. When it hit, I figured surfboard sales would plummet. People would be trying to survive. The last thing a guy with 10 surfboards needs is 15 surfboards. Adult learners will probably go away as they cower in fear inside their dooplexes. I was looking at what we had in the bank and figuring we could limp along for a couple of years just cutting a few boards to keep the lights on.

And then all that government COVID relief money started pouring in. 30 boards a day wasn't enough. Not even close. Demand was insane. Off the hook. Nobody was working. Joe Biden has bought more surfboards than anybody in the history of surfboards. I'd go surfing in my hometown and there was no one in the water I knew. Everyplace was Porto. Manhattan beach north. And it will never be the same here. I'm sure other places experienced this differently, but this place is not the same, nor will it ever be the same. Because Chinese wet markets. And proximity to Los Angeles. We're all southers now...

whodathunkit?
I was a souther before it was cool. :monkey:

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Maybe he thought it would be true at the time, but it certainly didn't pan out that way. Mask mandates persisted for almost a year after full vaccine availability. Breakthrough infections and pass-ons were not rare by any means, so saying that getting vaccinated would be a "Dead End" was false.
Didn't mask mandates persist for longer than needed because of widespread refusal to get vaccinated not because of the inefficay of the vaccine?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Keep reading: "“When you get vaccinated, you not only protect your own health and that of the family but also you contribute to the community health by preventing the spread of the virus throughout the community,” Fauci said. “In other words, you become a dead end to the virus. And when there are a lot of dead ends around, the virus is not going to go anywhere. "

Fauci's. Exact. Words. :roflmao:

How can I be duped by the media when they reported exactly what he said :unsure:
Because they highlight “dead end”, and even put it in the title. He says “very, very low likelihood” of transmission with asymptomatic vaccination. That’s not literally a dead end. Is it true? I don’t know. You’ve shown nothing to disprove it.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Did you all forget to Never forget about that other thread?
Never forgetting mean never and never is forever.

Neither time nor space can impede on that noble act of never forgetting.

Never forgetting can happen everywhere:

In the foil section, in the surf doc section, in the classified section.

Never means everywhere, forever all at once.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Because they highlight “dead end”, and even put it in the title. He says “very, very low likelihood” of transmission with asymptomatic vaccination. That’s not literally a dead end. Is it true? I don’t know. You’ve shown nothing to disprove it.
It's not my job to show consistency and continuity in his statements. Fauci made them, not me. I'm pointing out that he was wrong with both of those statements.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I don't recall it being any different. I was never under any impression that the vaccine was some kind of complete virus blocker that fully prevented illness or transmission. It's always been about rounding off the edges so less people die, less people are hospitalized and less people spread it but it was never some magic serum. Maybe I just read more than most people but I never understood where people got the idea that it was supposed to stop COVID in it's tracks. How did the 'do your research' crew somehow get this part of the vaccince's efficacy wrong? This just seems like a disingenuous tactic used by antivaxers to support their notion that the vaccines 'don't work'.
Maybe you don't read and hear too good.

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
To get into pubic schools in all states, these are the Immunizations required for Kindergarten through 12th Grade
DTaPPolioVaricellaMMRHepatitis BHepatitis AHibTdap

so those vaccines to diseases that used to kill millions of kids a year are ok, but covid vax bad. Just more pretzel logic from the idiot right.

Reactions: PJ and bruhdakine

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It's not my job to show consistency and continuity in his statements. Fauci made them, not me. I'm pointing out that he was wrong with both of those statements.
No, you haven't shown that he was wrong with both statements. His statements are obviously somewhat contradictory but it would only have taken slightly different phrasing to make them congruent. If he would have said something like "all but a dead end" for instance, that would be consistent.

That there is a "very, very low likelihood” of transmission with asymptomatic vaccination hasn't been shown to be true or false by anything presented so far. I've assumed that there is no benefit from vaccination in regard to transmission. It's actually news to me that there may be a benefit.

Not sure if I'm interpreting Faucian claims correctly but he seems to say that if someone has been vaccinated and is also asymptomatic they will have a very very low likelihood of infecting others with covid. For example, I was vaccinated and tested positive for covid at one time but experienced flu-like symptoms so that would seem to mean that I wasn't at a very very low risk of infecting others. I may have been at a high risk of infecting others, at the time I was experiencing symptoms or whatever. It may be possible, on the other hand, that at some point in the last few years, after I had been vaccinated, that I contracted covid and experienced no symptoms, that I was asymptomatic, and at that time I was at a very very low risk of infecting others with covid. It's also not clear how different variants of the virus are included in Fauci's claims.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No, you haven't shown that he was wrong with both statements.
The fact that the majority of Omicron cases were with people who were vaccinated is proof that the "dead end" and "unlikely" statements were wildly false.

His statements are obviously somewhat contradictory but it would only have taken slightly different phrasing to make them congruent. If he would have said something like "all but a dead end" for instance, that would be consistent.
No matter how he said it, it still would've been wrong!

That there is a "very, very low likelihood” of transmission with asymptomatic vaccination hasn't been shown to be true or false by anything presented so far.
Wrong. Like I said, most Omicron infections were among the vaccinated.

BTW I watched the video. It's full of empty promises from politicians related to what I mentioned above and wacky statements from celebs and media figures. I can see why it was so upsetting for you! :roflmao: