Double Income, No Kids. Must Surf. Where would you live?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
if u like obscene crowds, San Calamate is a good place. super crowded surf even when small and super expensive.
San Clem expensive? Compared to what? The cheapest coastal town in OC thats for sure. I see houses right now for 600,000 up in the hills.

ALl of OC is cheap AF compared to LA so my view may be skewed. For almost half what I pay for a shitty 1 bedroom apartment in LA, Ill be moving into a 2 bedroom house in Costa Mesa with 3 x the room and 25 minutes closer to the beach than now.

Reactions: keenfish

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Through the years I've spent about 6 weeks combined in San Clemente. My experiences have all been favorable both in and out of the water. The only places in the area where I found the crowds in the water to be frustrating have been Oceanside and Salt Creek. Yes its crowded in the lineup but really no worse than what I'm used to at home. I just like the area. Would definitely need a million dollar + budget for a house to be on the ocean side of the 5. Would love to explore some of the nearby mountains and desert.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
New Zealand, Australia or Spain would be my top choices outside of CA.

In CA: central coast or Carpentaria for me. The latter might not be the most wave rich zone but I’ve always loved that Town, area and the nearby waves.

I loved living in Northern California but the surf was inconsistent and required a lot of time.

Reactions: Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
New Zealand, Australia or Spain would be my top choices outside of CA.

In CA: central coast or Carpentaria for me. The latter might not be the most wave rich zone but I’ve always loved that Town, area and the nearby waves.

I loved living in Northern California but the surf was inconsistent and required a lot of time.
I’m in Carpinteria right now.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Become an influencer then move to an influencer dystopia like Dubai.