Does the Bern stand a chance?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
LOL

How can you stuff so many lies down there?

Must be a huge hole.
Not a lie. Income and payroll taxes are roughly 30% of my income. That’s take home pay with no tax return, or being slightly off give or take at the end of the year. Many Western European nations are close to or even over 50% tax rate.

Do the math, retard.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Whoa this is about the bern. I do t want this thread to turn into the corona thread

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Playing devil's advocate here. If Euros are so overtaxed, how do they still afford to travel to the US (not exactly a cheap destination) and other places for weeks on end? Oh I might add they also get 6+ weeks vacation and have much more substantial parental leave (Iran gets more than the US)?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Playing devil's advocate here. If Euros are so overtaxed, how do they still afford to travel to the US (not exactly a cheap destination) and other places for weeks on end? Oh I might add they also get 6+ weeks vacation and have much more substantial parental leave (Iran gets more than the US)?
There’s probably a survivors bias at work there. We probably get the more well off, just like we get visitors from India or South Africa. I bet you would find that most are from a handful of countries.

Plus, advantageous currency exchange.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There’s probably a survivors bias at work there. We probably get the more well off, just like we get visitors from India or South Africa. I bet you would find that most are from a handful of countries.

Plus, advantageous currency exchange.
I hear you but it's a substantial population. Agreed you are not getting the sheep-f*ckers (they probably just go on cruises just like ours). A lot are backpackers but also a lot of families. I don't know the demographics but I'd swear places like Yosemite have more Euro families (agreed, predominantly Western Europe) than Americans, especially on the trails that require a little bit of fitness.

Most don't seem rich, just average middle class.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I hear you but it's a substantial population. Agreed you are not getting the sheep-f*ckers (they probably just go on cruises just like ours). A lot are backpackers but also a lot of families. I don't know the demographics but I'd swear places like Yosemite have more Euro families (agreed, predominantly Western Europe) than Americans, especially on the trails that require a little bit of fitness.

Most don't seem rich, just average middle class.
Don’t get me wrong. There are plenty who are doing just fine. They also have a culture that values traveling more than buying toys. Even when I was poor, I still found a way to travel.

There’s always a way.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Whether you're paying the $1000/month to an insurance company or in extra taxes doesn't alter the sum that you're paying between taxes and health care coverage.

Unless you're not carrying health care coverage at all.

Reactions: Aruka and CutnSnip

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think this hits the nail on the head. Even overtaxed, they seem to have a lot more discretionary income.
That might depend on what the rest of their lifestyle is like and their other patterns of consumer spending. The average 2-income household in the US will have a couple cars, an apartment or home of xx square feet, and so on. So what levels of income does it take to sustain that lifestyle in these other countries?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That might depend on what the rest of their lifestyle is like and their other patterns of consumer spending. The average 2-income household in the US will have a couple cars, an apartment or home of xx square feet, and so on. So what levels of income does it take to sustain that lifestyle in these other countries?
Good question and I'm betting they don't buy a new iPhone every year.

We have a huge spending, materialism, and personal debt issue in this country - makes sense the government reflects the populace.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Not a lie. Income and payroll taxes are roughly 30% of my income. That’s take home pay with no tax return, or being slightly off give or take at the end of the year. Many Western European nations are close to or even over 50% tax rate.

Do the math, retard.
If only there was factual information we can find somewhere.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.55.50 PM.png

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
dems promise that we’ll turn into Europe when they know this will never happen

We will never have the entire month of August off or predominantly unfat women

we will just get higher taxes that they will waste on hiring do nothing clerks who are their base

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Good question and I'm betting they don't buy a new iPhone every year.

We have a huge spending, materialism, and personal debt issue in this country - makes sense the government reflects the populace.
I found this graphic for average home sizes in the U.S. and other countries. There's probably some distortion because this was as of 2009, whereas I would guess the U.S. average is probably down in size since then. But still.....

avg.gif

Home sizes in the U.S., Canada and Australia are way larger than in Europe.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I’d be all for some of berns policies 1. If they actually worked 2. If they aren’t going to crush the middle class

trumps tax “reforms” only hurt me. If taxes go up higher I feel people are going to start losing their homes. For what? For the poor and illegals to get free stuff?
If you would like us to regard your opinion, you will need to refrain from platitudes, that on their face, we know are untrue.

Donnie's tax reform was far in favor of the rich against the poor illegals.

If you don't believe me, a quick Google search will dissuade you of your Fox News propaganda