Different strains....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
My science major friend says that the next step is to isolate certain terpenes to manipulate their stock.
Someone mentioned Green Dragon.View attachment 118201
Green Dragon has really nice flavor and smell...the buds are dense and it's finished well. I've had a few of their varieties and they are consistently good

Mirayo - the Santana (musician) outfit has largely been garbage. I won't buy it. kick rocks, Santana.

I had some good stuff from Fun Uncle, really classic kind of smell and taste, doesn't feel as over-engineered, very level high

Almora has some good outdoor stuff, high testing with low price, but I got kind of tired of it

THC by Design has some nice strains, too

the one dispensary close to me has tired stock and lame prices, but it's like 10 minutes. the club I go to in the hood has GREAT flower for awesome prices, but it's a haul and sometimes with no rhyme or reason there will be these stupid lines....I bring a book now....to buy weed....what a world.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Just started sampling some of my first plant in over 30 years.
Gotta' say, I told the rep at the Goleta dispensary I didn't want a psycho head trip strain, just something to calm and sooth.
Got just that. Nice to come home from work and take a few rips and not be trippn', but relaxed and get a good night's sleep.
Humbolt Pound Cake, smells/taste wonderfull.
Welcome back!

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
@brukuns duuuude. You're in Brazil.

:socrazy:

Just prepare a HUGE Macedonia de Frutas Frescas before huffing da herbs.

When the munchies hit, go to town on fresh fruit.

If you overeat, worst that can happen is you crap your brains out.... Thus losing weights.

:shrug:
Overall, fruit in CA are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than here, at least in São Paulo. Sure, there are places you can find excellent fruit... but in CA I feel like any Vons has dreamy looking fruit. Don't get me started on the Farmer's Market.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Ended up skipping lunch and had the soup dumplings for dinner. Sooooo good. Like Chinatown good. Not counting the cream in my coffee, I ate 600 calories today. And worked out for nearly an hour. Do that once a week. Most other days eat lightly, maybe 2 meals, make the portions of at least one of those meals small. Don’t forget to have the occasional treat or big steak dinner or celebrate. But just more often than not, try not to eat more than twice a day, and try to not crack 2000 calories. You’ll lose weight like a wrestler trying to make his class. So it’s important to eat good protein and veggies, light carbs, and little sugar, except for treats occasionally. Life’s too short not to indulge. But what most overweight people do, without even realizing it, is literally “indulge” 7 days a week and think that’s normal, and then wonder why they’re obese. I was a fatass for years as many of you know, then I figured it out, stuck to it, and I now weigh what I weighed In sophomore year of high school after being on Ritalin for several months. And 60 of that 90 pounds I’ve lost in 7 years came in the last 18 months, when being at home made it much easier to do things like have small satisfying high protein lunches, healthy dinner etc. But now that I’ve trained my tolerance and even acceptance of being hungry sometimes, I don’t even notice it, and feel better than I’ve felt in my entire life. twice a week when I commute into work I often don’t eat until dinner. Just work from 830 to 3 or 4, come home, have early dinner, maybe finish any important work for an hour
Weighted myself yesterday... fully clothed with shoes on. 76.5kg. 76 is my ideal weight. Time to shoot for those 72.

Gotta say new cushiony running shoes are getting me hyped to run... only didn't run today because I stayed in the hospital with my wife from 5am to 5pm. Kidney stones... she removed 6 from one kidney last monday... they removed the double J catheter yesterday... After a couple hours she started feeling a lot of pain... meds... relief... pain again.... meds.... enough relief to sleep then 3am she wakes up in a world of pain, I get her meds... over an hour and it only gets worse. she was actually vomiting from the pain. It was a fucking long day but she's totally fine now, already fast asleep. My only concern is if she's only fine for now because of the strong meds they give you at the hospital... Not eager for a repeat, I'm sure she feels the same way.

Anyway, other than that it was my Grandma's 98th birthday, so the day had its moments.Debbie Downer out.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Weighted myself yesterday... fully clothed with shoes on. 76.5kg. 76 is my ideal weight. Time to shoot for those 72.

Gotta say new cushiony running shoes are getting me hyped to run... only didn't run today because I stayed in the hospital with my wife from 5am to 5pm. Kidney stones... she removed 6 from one kidney last monday... they removed the double J catheter yesterday... After a couple hours she started feeling a lot of pain... meds... relief... pain again.... meds.... enough relief to sleep then 3am she wakes up in a world of pain, I get her meds... over an hour and it only gets worse. she was actually vomiting from the pain. It was a fucking long day but she's totally fine now, already fast asleep. My only concern is if she's only fine for now because of the strong meds they give you at the hospital... Not eager for a repeat, I'm sure she feels the same way.

Anyway, other than that it was my Grandma's 98th birthday, so the day had its moments.Debbie Downer out.
hope your wife is better soon, bru,
Happy birthday to grandma!
and congrats on hitting goal weight, or at least within .5 kg of it

Reactions: Aruka and brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Got back home after 6 hours. Now she’s in pain again. Dr said there’s nothing to be worried about, just the extreme discomfort. We have some new meds now, waiting to assess what’s the worse it’s still getting and considering putting her in a hospital for a couple days because intravenous medication seems to be the only thing that stops the pain for good. Than at least no more coming and going.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Doof and Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And maybe to lighten up the thread, I just found the holy grail

BCD93BBF-0D48-4A6D-AD35-A944B7992D8E.jpeg
Know what that BRY stands for? Blueberry. High test no less. I can’t open this fast enough. It’s the elite live resin too

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
They’re literally in every thing, and serve slightly or vastly different or totally inconsequential purposes In each and every instance. Go down the rabbit hole

in your particular example, there sure as sh!t are terpenes in your cereal (presumably made from corn or some other non gluten analogue) because they are found in every plant.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
They’re literally in every thing, and serve slightly or vastly different or totally inconsequential purposes In each and every instance. Go down the rabbit hole

in your particular example, there sure as sh!t are terpenes in your cereal (presumably made from corn or some other non gluten analogue) because they are found in every plant.
Is this something that’s just part of processed foods?
like, there’s turpentine used in turning chemicals into “food”, and so “food” just gets some terrines in the mix
Like cross-contamination?