Different strains....

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Sans weed I'm the healthiest bloke around. But the munchies just hit me hard.

Sweetie-pie has the "cookbook" with this recipe, but would bet you can find it online.

Edit:

Oh what the heck, hold on a sec...and with the miracle of online time dilation and from the pocket camera a few moments ago:

1634936631729.png
1634936693782.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
How do you guys deal with the Munchies?!

I usually get 5 or 10g... it will last me for 1 or 2 weeks... I eat like a Mofo and gain a few pounds... then I'm off for 1 week or 2, losing weight because no munchies. Currently out, losing weight as expected.

But man, even when you know you need to keep your weight down, it's almost impossible to fight the munchies!! Normally I barely like any sweets... but on after some weed I need to fucking devour everything with sugar in the house! uncontrollable sh!t.
I’m with you
I’m not able to not have snacks in the house because I live with others who have snacks in the house
I go through phases where I’m really good about not giving in
And other phases where a little sugar or a little salty crunchy stuff leads to a little more and just a little more and a little bit more and, oh, sh*t, finished that, but how about just a little of this other thing
Poor judgement and relaxed self control are part of being high, at least for me

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We are learning more and more about terpenes each day. While we know they do affect scent and taste.
We are learning they may also influence a strains effects.

I think t the terpenes work in tandem with the cannabanoids to produce a strains effects.
As any long time stoner knows THC is not the end all be all, something going on with the sum of all the parts.

And its a beautiful thing!
hear him!!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Don’t eat as much. Don't talk about how hard it is. You’ve already failed by saying that. It’s hard at first, then it’s not. Even baked. All I’ve had today is vitamin d and c, coffee water exercise and a few puffs of hybrid oil for my boardwalk ride. Might not even bother eating until dinner. I used to eat thousands of calories a day without even realizing it. Although I’ve got my steamer all set up and a half dozen soup dumplings sounds fanfucking tastic right now. that will still only be 600 calories. Nice steak and veggies for dinner. That’s 1600 for the day, minus an hour of HIIT and strength work. Humans DO NOT NEED TO EAT A LOT. we evolved to sit in and around the cave resting for 20 hours a day, with a few hours of high adrenaline hunting or fleeing or fighting, or whatever happens to be on the days menu. Feast a few times a week. Most days eat sparingly and simply. Avoid sugar and just go easy on carbs. Not saying go full paleo and zero carbs at all. No need and no fun. Just in general.
Ended up skipping lunch and had the soup dumplings for dinner. Sooooo good. Like Chinatown good. Not counting the cream in my coffee, I ate 600 calories today. And worked out for nearly an hour. Do that once a week. Most other days eat lightly, maybe 2 meals, make the portions of at least one of those meals small. Don’t forget to have the occasional treat or big steak dinner or celebrate. But just more often than not, try not to eat more than twice a day, and try to not crack 2000 calories. You’ll lose weight like a wrestler trying to make his class. So it’s important to eat good protein and veggies, light carbs, and little sugar, except for treats occasionally. Life’s too short not to indulge. But what most overweight people do, without even realizing it, is literally “indulge” 7 days a week and think that’s normal, and then wonder why they’re obese. I was a fatass for years as many of you know, then I figured it out, stuck to it, and I now weigh what I weighed In sophomore year of high school after being on Ritalin for several months. And 60 of that 90 pounds I’ve lost in 7 years came in the last 18 months, when being at home made it much easier to do things like have small satisfying high protein lunches, healthy dinner etc. But now that I’ve trained my tolerance and even acceptance of being hungry sometimes, I don’t even notice it, and feel better than I’ve felt in my entire life. twice a week when I commute into work I often don’t eat until dinner. Just work from 830 to 3 or 4, come home, have early dinner, maybe finish any important work for an hour

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Ended up skipping lunch and had the soup dumplings for dinner. Sooooo good. Like Chinatown good. Not counting the cream in my coffee, I ate 600 calories today. And worked out for nearly an hour. Do that once a week. Most other days eat lightly, maybe 2 meals, make the portions of at least one of those meals small. Don’t forget to have the occasional treat or big steak dinner or celebrate. But just more often than not, try not to eat more than twice a day, and try to not crack 2000 calories. You’ll lose weight like a wrestler trying to make his class. So it’s important to eat good protein and veggies, light carbs, and little sugar, except for treats occasionally. Life’s too short not to indulge. But what most overweight people do, without even realizing it, is literally “indulge” 7 days a week and think that’s normal, and then wonder why they’re obese. I was a fatass for years as many of you know, then I figured it out, stuck to it, and I now weigh what I weighed In sophomore year of high school after being on Ritalin for several months. And 60 of that 90 pounds I’ve lost in 7 years came in the last 18 months, when being at home made it much easier to do things like have small satisfying high protein lunches, healthy dinner etc. But now that I’ve trained my tolerance and even acceptance of being hungry sometimes, I don’t even notice it, and feel better than I’ve felt in my entire life. twice a week when I commute into work I often don’t eat until dinner. Just work from 830 to 3 or 4, come home, have early dinner, maybe finish any important work for an hour
Good lawd.. paragraphs ppl... paragraphs. :trout:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
@brukuns duuuude. You're in Brazil.

:socrazy:

Just prepare a HUGE Macedonia de Frutas Frescas before huffing da herbs.

When the munchies hit, go to town on fresh fruit.

If you overeat, worst that can happen is you crap your brains out.... Thus losing weights.

:shrug:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Some fruit is good in the diet. But remember just because it grew on a tree, its Loaded with sugar. Choose fruits loaded with good nutrients to at least make the sugar trade off worthwhile. As far as keeping munchies on hand? Nuts, seeds, cheese, beef jerky is a great one because the physical act of gnawing your way through a few small pieces satisfies not Only a snack craving but it tricks your mind into thinking you ate more than you did because it takes 10 minutes just to get through a few pieces of jerky

my favorite current sweet but still also healthy indulgence is the following: bees knees peanut butter scooped in a spoon with those premixed “salad topper” trail mix type thing. The brand I use is primarily pepitas, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, walnuts, and dried cranberries. A few spoonfuls of that mixture solves any and all snack craving. Sweet, yes, some sugar, absolutely in the peanut butter, but the seed and nut mix is like all super foods

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m my peabrain, I think of terpenes as turpentine in the oils
I hope I’m wrong
Strangely enough “terpene” didn’t even pop up on an etymology website I searched (yes we know I’m a nerd) needs more research

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah so like I thought my curaleaf labels don’t give a terpene % like the one posted above
96F27EA1-BE22-4464-A2E2-F37A521C5C20.jpeg

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
My science major friend says that the next step is to isolate certain terpenes to manipulate their stock.
Someone mentioned Green Dragon.IMG_3017.JPG

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
35% flower. Damn. Clear your calendar

meanwhile the hilarity continues in my quest for the perfect auto roller. This one worked great for the first few, but the damp wahpaa grind I was using was too humid. I keep one of those humidity control baggies in my canisters, keeps the grind at 62% humidity. Damp but great for a good slow smoke. However it jams up this auto roller something fierce. I read the tobacco should be at 25% humidity for use, so I’m going to let this cannister air dry for a few days and try again. It’s nice smoking a joint with a filter to clear out some tar
F7F40528-D649-4C50-8A97-D561DFE29AF1.jpeg
F2618AFF-809A-4DB5-8F70-B3ACB7A3F8EB.jpeg
10C5BAFA-9DA3-4AB4-BC9C-C7A0D0092BD7.jpeg

Reactions: keenfish