Dealing with unwanted gifts/bribes

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It's actually very pleasant.

Of course, like all things, unpleasant situations arise periodically.

But it shouldn't let one define the entire picture.

It sounds like you have low tolerance for anything negative in your life that may come your way.

Life is a mix of good and bad.

Avoiding it by wearing rose colored glasses deprives you of the full experience.
Buy $50 worth of stuff that you can use to p!ss him off.... Like $50 worth of roosters....

1ss him off......

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Casa what happens if you kick the door in holding a decent sized kitchen cutlery knife with some dead animal pieces still on it and The Crazy in your eyes, asking who needs to die first?

Only half-joking. I took a similar tack with parking issues and now, no problems. I have had enough landlords with "live in property managers" aka their alcoholic asshole buddies who invariably start bilking the rent, then ghost, and the locks get changed, and us tenants get extorted by the landlord because we need our clothes/sleep/running water to be presentable employees. The police tell me to go to court, get a judge to say I was wrongfully locked out, then they'll open the door for me.

That shady sh!t goes both ways. Almost every one of these people complains that I put "January Rent" in the check's memo. You try and try to be cordial, but eventually, you need the threat of psycho Hannibal Lecter sacrificial art installation graphic murder to keep the shitheels in line.

Nobody cares their fire pit is flooding your apartment with smoke until, instead of closing your windows to the smoke, you just leave with the smoke alarm going haywire, they half-heartedly apologize like you're going to close your windows, and you just say oh it's no worries I won't be around to hear it, have a good one! They don't want the fire dept citing them for the fire pit.

I like several of the suggestions.
1. Blow the cash/card, then tell the guy you considered that a payment on his existing tab and he has no credit/deposit.
2. Return the cards and be honest about it

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I worked for a guy doing landscaping and he didn't pay me for a month.

Then I stopped working for him and then he didn't pay me for three months.

I was calling an asking nicely.

His wife takes one of the calls and says LEAVE US ALONE!

I went to the labour board and they gave him a court date to fight my claim.

Check was in the mail that week.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a student from egypt.

She was so smoking hot and she had one of those eygption type names, I can't remember.

But oh my god.

I would just look at her and it would take my breathe away.

Nothing eliminates xenophobia like hot chicks from foreign lands. :dancing:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I had a student from egypt.

She was so smoking hot and she had one of those eygption type names, I can't remember.

But oh my god.

I would just look at her and it would take my breathe away.

Nothing eliminates xenophobia like hot chicks from foreign lands. :dancing:
Did she have a huge muff?

Oh, wait. I’m thinking of a Persian girl.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Casa are there any immigrant women who don't speak English affected by this, preferably over 50?

Apron + meat cleaver + screaming at the top of their lungs in something like Greek or Armenian or Korean or something, gesturing at the problem(s) then at the troublemakers like the meat cleaver is some kind of presentation stylus or laser pointer pen.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Long story short.

Iranian guy buys the house next door in a scam sale. Rents to nuisance tenants.

It took about a year for him to get them under control. This was after several acrimonius meetings with myself and other owners in our building where he was rude and dismissive, insisting they were legally entitled to their behavior (false). We could've gone the "call the cops" route but we allowed him to deal with it and after much misery he eventually did.

Now he's sending presents. Thanksgiving it was a pumpkin pies (threw them away). Today I arrived home to find a Christmas card with a $50 gift card inside. A few other owners received one as well.

Our HOA knows there are brewing issues with him coming down the pipes so we want to keep things strictly business.

Unfortunately this gift crap is my domain to deal with. Best way to get him to knock it off?
You sound like a Karen.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Casa what happens if you kick the door in holding a decent sized kitchen cutlery knife with some dead animal pieces still on it and The Crazy in your eyes, asking who needs to die first?

Only half-joking. I took a similar tack with parking issues and now, no problems. I have had enough landlords with "live in property managers" aka their alcoholic asshole buddies who invariably start bilking the rent, then ghost, and the locks get changed, and us tenants get extorted by the landlord because we need our clothes/sleep/running water to be presentable employees. The police tell me to go to court, get a judge to say I was wrongfully locked out, then they'll open the door for me.

That shady sh!t goes both ways. Almost every one of these people complains that I put "January Rent" in the check's memo. You try and try to be cordial, but eventually, you need the threat of psycho Hannibal Lecter sacrificial art installation graphic murder to keep the shitheels in line.

Nobody cares their fire pit is flooding your apartment with smoke until, instead of closing your windows to the smoke, you just leave with the smoke alarm going haywire, they half-heartedly apologize like you're going to close your windows, and you just say oh it's no worries I won't be around to hear it, have a good one! They don't want the fire dept citing them for the fire pit.

I like several of the suggestions.
1. Blow the cash/card, then tell the guy you considered that a payment on his existing tab and he has no credit/deposit.
2. Return the cards and be honest about it
Especially if it's not Halall....

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Once, got a $100 gift card from a parent of a B student. Returned it. Then a year or two later, the district put into place a $50 gift limit rule bc they got sued from some family that gave extravagant gifts to their kid's special ed teacher.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Once, got a $100 gift card from a parent of a B student. Returned it. Then a year or two later, the district put into place a $50 gift limit rule bc they got sued from some family that gave extravagant gifts to their kid's special ed teacher.
Gold chains....

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
The two prettiest girls I've ever seen in my life were Persian girls. Not sure what the muff has to do with it. They were both clean shaven so idk.
Afghani for me...dark hair, green eyes and fcking stunning. Her husband knew it too.