Dealing with unwanted gifts/bribes

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Don’t live in a “building”. ??

I was good with it for years but eventually the ‘situations’ motivated me to get out and buy a house. So many problems solved.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Look at them as gifts. Take them.

No obligation to reciprocate.

They'll clearly understand the need to up the ante to truly get results.

And that's when you hook us all up with a month in Tavarua.
im too drunk to read all thsi sh!t...but i defer to kento..whatever he said...it makes sense

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
damn casa your place sounds miserable
It's actually very pleasant.

Of course, like all things, unpleasant situations arise periodically.

But it shouldn't let one define the entire picture.

It sounds like you have low tolerance for anything negative in your life that may come your way.

Life is a mix of good and bad.

Avoiding it by wearing rose colored glasses deprives you of the full experience.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
It's actually very pleasant.

Of course, like all things, unpleasant situations arise periodically.

But it shouldn't let one define the entire picture.

It sounds like you have low tolerance for anything negative in your life that may come your way.

Life is a mix of good and bad.

Avoiding it by wearing rose colored glasses deprives you of the full experience.
:roflmao:

You've posted in multiple threads complaining about issues at your place. The biggest complaint I've ever had at my house is some random person parking on the street in front of my house for 1/2 a day.

lols

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm not sure why something like that would bother you.

I'd hate to see what would happen to you if a real problem arose.

Maybe you need an AirBnB party house or crack house next door to give you perspective.
If a real problem arose he has a house full of firearms. You don’t?

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm not sure why something like that would bother you.

I'd hate to see what would happen to you if a real problem arose.

Maybe you need an AirBnB party house or crack house next door to give you perspective.
Did you ever call the police?

The property next to mine is an AirBnB.

It's weird when you are in work mode and the people in the back yard 40 feet away are in party mode.

The Covid slowed this down.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
As a landlord, it's a pain in the ass to enforce things like noise violations on tenants. It takes several documented instances and written warnings to constitute grounds for violating a lease. Calling the non-911 police directly is the best thing you can do when there is a noise complaint (or similar). You should even be able to do it on City of SD's "Get It Done" app. This actually gives the landlord proof/ammunition to get the tenants in line.

If you don't feel comfortable with the gift certificates, you should certainly send them back with a simple note saying something like: thank you but you can't accept. No explanation necessary. But I also think it's possible he may just be trying to offer an apology for the nuisance. I've done this to neighbors around jobsites- even when we've done nothing wrong, I understand it's not fun to be next to a construction site, and appreciate their patience.

Reactions: bluemarlin04