Dealing with unwanted gifts/bribes

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Long story short.

Iranian guy buys the house next door in a scam sale. Rents to nuisance tenants.

It took about a year for him to get them under control. This was after several acrimonius meetings with myself and other owners in our building where he was rude and dismissive, insisting they were legally entitled to their behavior (false). We could've gone the "call the cops" route but we allowed him to deal with it and after much misery he eventually did.

Now he's sending presents. Thanksgiving it was a pumpkin pies (threw them away). Today I arrived home to find a Christmas card with a $50 gift card inside. A few other owners received one as well.

Our HOA knows there are brewing issues with him coming down the pipes so we want to keep things strictly business.

Unfortunately this gift crap is my domain to deal with. Best way to get him to knock it off?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Round up yours and the neighbors cards and send them to me.

I can dispose of them on your behalf.

where are the cards for?

Reactions: $kully

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What does he want from you?
Monterey cypress cut down. Would give the last 4 feet of his driveway ocean view. Not happening - it''s something that gives our building a good look.

Did he deal with the problem?
Yes, but not aggressively - it took extraordinary measures on our behalf and many sleepless, miserable nights for many in our building.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Long story short.

It took about a year for him to get them under control. This was after several acrimonius meetings with myself and other owners in our building where he was rude and dismissive, insisting they were legally entitled to their behavior (false). We could've gone the "call the cops" route but we allowed him to deal with it and after much misery he eventually did.

Now he's sending presents. Thanksgiving it was a pumpkin pies (threw them away). Today I arrived home to find a Christmas card with a $50 gift card inside. A few other owners received one as well.

Our HOA knows there are brewing issues with him coming down the pipes so we want to keep things strictly business.

Unfortunately this gift crap is my domain to deal with. Best way to get him to knock it off?
1. he's smart, he knows gifts get reciprocated.

2. Return the gift. return it to him and telll him you are sorry but you cannot accept it for whatever reason. you are not obligated to accept a gift. I've done it and its' awkward but it will send a message.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Can't you just enjoy a surf n turf dinner at the Charthouse and then tell him to fuckoff when he asks to cut down the tree? Say, "Thought it was a gift not a bribe?"

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
An uppercut to the chin and a right cross to the throat should do the trick.
Tell him thanks for the gift after he comes to after someone resuscitates him.
That should cement the neighbor bond and deliver the message?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
2. Return the gift. return it to him and telll him you are sorry but you cannot accept it for whatever reason. you are not obligated to accept a gift. I've done it and its' awkward but it will send a message.
This is my gut feeling, there's no way I could enjoy a dinner on this guy's dime anyway.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I have neighbors that have a dog that barks all day now. They come out into the yard and the dog just barks. They just let it.

It's this super insistent dominating bark.

So weird.

People are so inconsiderate.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Long story short.

Send him back Silk undergarments and perfume from the “HOA”.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor