Crowded California

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
My first visit to Cayucos was in the late '70s. I was entered in a surf contest happening next to the pier. I didn't have a solid ride up from OB so I took the Greyhound bus. After riding all night (changing busses in LA) I got dropped off on the Hwy and walked down to the contest site just in time to suit up for my heat.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Drove up there to see what was going on while waiting for Doran lot to get un-full. Surfing was nixed so opted for a goof-around day for the kids as they needed a good beach day.

Hmm... what's that smell?

Ah yes, two seals rotting on the beach at high tide line. One with a visible bite out of it, but from juvenile shark most likely. Only about a 6 inch bite radius or so. Good lesson about the food chain for the kids and what dead things smell like I guess.

They promptly started watching shark attack videos as soon as we got home.

Kids. :roflmao:
Here we have alligator attacks happening more often. My buddy dives for megalodon teeth right where this dude got hit.
Sheesh.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
are we still leaving CA? doesn't seem like it. sucks, more people should.
Yes. California is just terrible. PV stands for poverty. Point Dume is basically the ass end of Yonkers. The South Bay is Biloxi with more yoga studios. 805, OC, and SD are Lubbock-by-the-Sea. Monterey Peninsula is a worse Naples/Marco. SF, I think I saw Bobba Fett fall in and it belched. Everyone should move to Sarasota. And Lakeland. And Ocala. And The Villages. NOW.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Yes. California is just terrible. PV stands for poverty. Point Dume is basically the ass end of Yonkers. The South Bay is Biloxi with more yoga studios. 805, OC, and SD are Lubbock-by-the-Sea. Monterey Peninsula is a worse Naples/Marco. SF, I think I saw Bobba Fett fall in and it belched. Everyone should move to Sarasota. And Lakeland. And Ocala. And The Villages. NOW.
On Point.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
You forgot Waldo.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You forgot Waldo.
I knew Tranny Cruz had to slot in somewhere.

Waldo is basically Santa Cruz. A speed trap in BFE. Except instead of being on the coast, you're over an hour from Cedar Key which is like two hours from surfable Gulf Coast. You're almost two hours from St. Augustine which is totally consistent and has almost 180 degrees of wind aspect at its surf spots and totally isn't more or less the same ENE facing sand with lolno novelty hoaxes inside the inlets and a slight E aspect just South of the Pier.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
California has so many bears that our flag is a bear. Just think about that for a moment. Yeah, you don’t want to live here, bears get almost all of us, in the end.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink