Crowded California

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Pointside?
VTA county looks like, old photo? think I know who the little kid is with the fox logo on his back, much older now. there was a crew of homeschool little rippers when I lived there in the earlier half of last decade.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
VTA county looks like, old photo? think I know who the little kid is with the fox logo on his back, much older now. there was a crew of homeschool little rippers when I lived there in the earlier half of last decade.
Shhhh.........

The kid in the red is 30 now I think.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Oh it does; it's that other place on steroids but that was my home away from home break for many years. And where I learned that the ocean can be very cruel.
Do you paddle out at Salmon, alone, when it's big? I've checked that place a couple of times and it was always big and completely empty. Like a friend of mine said, "Usually if a place is empty there's a reason."

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Seriously. Super crowded lately here and some @ssholes at morro bay have been riding their SUPs through the crowd running people over.

• Dislike
Reactions: Havoc

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Do you paddle out at Salmon, alone, when it's big? I've checked that place a couple of times and it was always big and completely empty. Like a friend of mine said, "Usually if a place is empty there's a reason."
Big is subjective. I probably wouldn't go out there in anything over DOH as that paddle is brutal and it's also just really damn heavy. But for the most part, yeah, I was the only one out for a fair amount of sessions this last winter/spring. Having a vulture circling you while checking it is a new experience. Have gotten bumped a few times by something of decent-sized mass but nothing concrete. The ocean is most definitely a lot more alive up here than down south.